Coney Island (Luna Park) Development Discussion Thread

P. 147: New concept art released! Coaster, log flume & more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Coney Island (Luna Park) Development Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:10 am

The new designs look great. But - what is the ride depicted below? I'm not sure what it is or does.
Neptune-LunaPark.png
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:14 am

^ This is what was previously referred to as "Big WaveZ", which is apparently some sort of new interactive water ride. What that means, I have no idea. Apparently Coney Island will be the debut of this ride type.
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Taylor Finn » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:26 am

So, the log flume, coaster, this water ride, and the ropes course are opening all in April? Has anyone been down there to see what the place has looked like/where they are on any of it?

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:The new designs look great. But - what is the ride depicted below? I'm not sure what it is or does.

coneyislandchris wrote:^ This is what was previously referred to as "Big WaveZ", which is apparently some sort of new interactive water ride. What that means, I have no idea. Apparently Coney Island will be the debut of this ride type.

It looks like a drop tower into a pool. That wedge below the seating would create a huge wave that sprays out towards whoever is watching the ride. There's a good chance riders will get soaked, as well.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby southpuddle » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Water brakes on a free fall ride? That’s slightly unnerving :omg:

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:12 pm

^ Oh there are definitely going to be mechanical or magnetic brakes, that's not even a question. That wedge won't take much force to create an impressive wave.

Edit - looking at it again and knowing the system is called Big WaveZ (as in plural) I'm gonna say this is a Frog Hopper system, only bigger, with the water element added. Imagine the car bobbing in the water creating a few smaller waves, then jumping high and making a huge wave, e.t.c.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:The new designs look great. But - what is the ride depicted below? I'm not sure what it is or does.

This is a wild guess, but IF, perhaps, the orange 'squiggles' on the top of the design are rider seats, could this possibly be anything like the Top Spin style rides? (With the waterfalls below rushing up to hit the riders-- influenced interactively by guests? And/Or by evil observers waiting on line around the water?) Apologies if this is the dumbest thing you've ever heard, but sometimes my imagination runs amuck! :lmao:

Alice

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Well, one way or the other, it's certainly going to be an interesting flat ride. With water! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:02 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:^ Oh there are definitely going to be mechanical or magnetic brakes, that's not even a question. That wedge won't take much force to create an impressive wave.

Edit - looking at it again and knowing the system is called Big WaveZ (as in plural) I'm gonna say this is a Frog Hopper system, only bigger, with the water element added. Imagine the car bobbing in the water creating a few smaller waves, then jumping high and making a huge wave, e.t.c.

per the Luna Park site announcing it was coming soon (from Jan)..there's a video screen up there at the top, that will "interact with the riders, making each ride different"

so yeah.. I suspect multiple drops.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby LegendLover » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLbU-ZAPTDE&feature=emb_title
At 1:47 in this video, they are testing the prototype for the Big WaveZ. This looks like a real hoot! I really hope that Six Flags starts putting these at some of their parks, especially since so many of them are starting to remove their Shoot the Chutes rides.
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!