Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 100: Zootopia themed land coming to Shanghai Disneyland!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Re: Shanghai Disneyland Discussion Thread

Postby gisco » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:26 pm

With very little access to get pictures of the construction it is going to be a long three years!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby BrianLo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Alain from the Disney and More Blog Here came across some new images for Shanghai. It's still blurry, but you can actually glean some of the attractions that are arriving.

sdlnewart1.jpg

On the right looks like an offshoot of the plans they had for Hong Kong Disney Pirate land with a hybrid Pirates/flume type attraction.

pirate_area.jpg

Directly in front of the castle is where they will place the Dumbo spinner and carousel. (This is from the perspective of the castle you'll notice it on the bottom right just to orientate yourself).

sdlartwork2.jpg

And here is an image of the entrance.

sdlartwork3.jpg

The upper left hand shiny building is rumoured to be a TRON coaster still (replacing Space Mountain). The bottom right looks like a version of Jungle cruise. Behind the castle is presumably Fantasyland I *think* it looks like Snow White Dwarf train to the left of the castle and Little mermaid to the right.

No idea about the rest of the left side, but those are some pretty massive looking show buildings!

I'm really glad to see how they are reinventing the Magic Kingdom instead of creating another clone. Ultimately new parks will be under built, but at least with the new vision it won't put so much focus on what is missing. It's seeming more like we are getting a Tokyo DisneySea effort rather than the not-so-great openings of other recent Disney Parks (DCA and Hong Kong I'm looking at you!).

Time to start planning my 2015 visit to Shanghai! :mickey:

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:39 am

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nsp/Metro/2012/12/07/Metro%2Bextension%2Bplanned%2Bfor%2BDisneyland/

An exclusive Metro line serving Shanghai Disneyland visitors will be built and put into service in 2015, the same year the amusement park opens to the public.

The new line is a 9.15-kilometer extension of Metro Line 11, starting from Luoshan Road Station in Pudong and ending at the Disney Resort with three stations in between.

The planned Disneyland Station will feature cartoon figures, such as Mickey Mouse. Passengers can enjoy the park's views through large vaults of the semi-underground station.

The project has been approved by authorities, according to a report in today's Jiefang Daily.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm

^^ it's looking better and better.
Practically EPIC, the way the design
of the Entrance Gate looks. Very impressive.

Can't wait to get back to China in....2016?

:b :mickey: :br
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sat May 25, 2013 12:50 am.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Wow, this project looks incredible. I LOVE how this isn't an exact clone of other Magic Kingdoms, it has its own character.

Can't wait to see this project unfold even more.
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Titan, Phoenix, NTAG, Apollo, Blue Streak.
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:19 pm

^See, something about seeing 'Tomorrowland' on the left side of the park is really messing with me!!! :wtf:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 am

^My god! It's Bizarro Disneyland!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:51 pm

SharkTums wrote:^See, something about seeing 'Tomorrowland' on the left side of the park is really messing with me!!! :wtf:

That is weird. In all the other parks you kind of know where things are at, here it will be backwards.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 pm

I already get confused between the Magic Kingdoms, this one will really screw me up. Can't wait for it to open though! The preliminary sketches look great.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:32 pm

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2012-12/19/content_16033126.htm

Walt Disney Co started a recruitment campaign in China on Tuesday for its new theme park in Shanghai.

A total of 39 positions are being offered on the company's website to support the resort project in Shanghai's Pudong district.

Positions include assistant contract manager, IT infrastructure manager, and employees responsible for administrative management matters, purchasing, and engineering projects.

The resort, which is expected to open in 2015, will have a theme park, two hotels, various dining and entertainment venues, recreational facilities, a lake and transportation hubs.

The total investment is expected to reach 24.5 billion yuan ($3.84 billion) for the theme park and 4.5 billion yuan for the hotels and other facilities.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!