Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Park is now back open! Yay!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:43 am

A.J. wrote:Tickets for the early days of Shanghai Disneyland's reopening are selling out in minutes. Whoo boy, it's going to be very interesting once the U.S. parks reopen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-disney-shanghai/shanghai-disneyland-tickets-sell-out-as-park-prepares-to-re-open-idUSKBN22K0N6?fbclid=IwAR3LKqhe4hgGLwnLJGHHMckg4myuN19GKewkLpX9xpyCMSG162whL6h6O6M

agreed. . gonna be interesting!

"Variety" is covering this too:

https://variety.com/2020/biz/asia/shanghai-disneyland-tickets-reopening-1234601649/
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat May 09, 2020 6:48 pm

RollerManic wrote:I was wondering how a park like this with so many guests (even when at limited capacity) would manage something like that without massive lines at the gate.

You've never been to an Asian Disney park, have you? There are mile-long lines at the gate every single morning well before the park opens. The parks will probably just have the temperature monitor stations set up as far from the gate as possible and have them up and running at 5am daily.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Sun May 10, 2020 11:25 am

KBrylczyk wrote:
RollerManic wrote:I was wondering how a park like this with so many guests (even when at limited capacity) would manage something like that without massive lines at the gate.

You've never been to an Asian Disney park, have you? There are mile-long lines at the gate every single morning well before the park opens. The parks will probably just have the temperature monitor stations set up as far from the gate as possible and have them up and running at 5am daily.

No, I haven’t unfortunately. However, I was concerned because I knew they get long lines already as-is (I remember the news articles from SHDL’s opening) and was thinking that adding a temperature station where each guest needs to be stopped would create lines from hell.

Edit: I know what the system that will be used is and that's it's automated. I am talking about what my initial reactions when the rumor of temperature checks to enter the park first popped up - before we knew it would be automated.
Last edited by RollerManic on Mon May 11, 2020 9:29 am.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby southpuddle » Sun May 10, 2020 12:22 pm

If the temperature checks are anything like at the Shanghai airport, it takes literally one second per person to scan. It’s all automated and quite efficient. I imagine it’ll be similar, but the real factor will be how many lanes they employ.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby coasterlvr » Sun May 10, 2020 9:58 pm

i've wasted about two hours of my life watching this girl enjoy her day around the park. she actually got lucky and got her reservations for 10:30 yesterday. she assumed someone must have cancelled. she also said you had to use the first one before getting another.

there was basically no lines. she walked in to qr code check, security, and main gate. waked on Tron. mask stayed on fine. watched the short two float character parade.

anyway, i'd have no issue going to the park the way it's being shown on her video. but, i assume the guest are not going to behave anywhere near like they are in Shanghai.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun May 10, 2020 10:01 pm

^Yup, from what I'm seeing I would totally go under these conditions.

Postby bert425 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:21 am

100% agreed with both of y'all in that I'd TOTALLY go under these conditions! (I too watched a bunch of stuff people have posted, mainly a twitter feed that Robb recommended).

also agreed that USA guests "are not going to behave anywhere near like they are in Shanghai". . . but at least I would HOPE that those that make an effort to pre-arrange things on their trips might be slightly better behaved / more willing to follow rules - than I think the attendees will be at some other park chains that are going to try these measures.

fingers crossed that Americans prove me wrong and we can all get back to enjoying things, even tho the way we enjoy will be slightly different!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby coasterbill » Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 am

These "restrictions" actually sound incredible to me.

I can't wait for this to come to America. Imagine being able to watch Happily ever After with tons of personal space or waiting in lines without having to be packed in with tons of people on those Florida summer days with 700% humidity.

Remind me again why people feel like any of this is an inconvenience. I'd pay a premium for a lot of these "inconveniences". :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon May 11, 2020 7:25 am.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon May 11, 2020 7:48 am

One of the issues with our public over here is that people have trouble with rules. "The rules don't apply to me or my family", or, "It doesn't affect me so why should I care", they say. They see rules for the greater good as a restriction of freedoms and "liberties" and therefore choose to ignore them. I do think these people are in the minority though, even though they tend to scream the loudest.

I anticipate that once the "Reservation only" system goes into place over here, we're going to have a whole lot of people who are going to attempt to "barge in" or "sneak in" without a reservation. And when they don't get in, they'll cry and whine and pull the "are you going to say no to my children" card.

Despite the Chinese Disney-going public being just as hungry for a day at the park as we are, they appear to be a lot more disciplined.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon May 11, 2020 9:42 am

I really hope there is a 3 strike policy or some sort of consequence for taking masks off/not following instructions. Stupid people need to know they're not special and don't have to follow rules because they want mask free selfies and other bullshit.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!