Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Park is now back open! Yay!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby mark549 » Tue May 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Maybe they could make a statue of a big corona virus and two little ones in homage to their mascot. Hidden mickey.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed May 06, 2020 11:31 pm

New aerial photo has been posted, showing a bit of 'action' in the new spot where ZOOTOPIA-land is going.

Thanks to DONGDONG for the photo!
Zootopia08.jpg
It's also neat to see how they've landscaped around the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster.
At the original in WDW, you can walk completely around it. Here, only on the "front side."
But that means they can surround the ride, with many more trees, than the original. (o:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 07, 2020 9:37 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:New aerial photo has been posted, showing a bit of 'action' in the new spot where ZOOTOPIA-land is going.

Thanks to DONGDONG for the photo!

You don't have to post EVERY SINGLE PHOTO of the Zootopia construction you find online. There has been almost ZERO progress since the last one you posted.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 07, 2020 9:37 pm

This video shows some very interesting details on how Shanghai Disneyland plans to re-open on May 11th:

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Thu May 07, 2020 10:23 pm

That procedure for the temperature screening was very interesting to see. I was wondering how a park like this with so many guests (even when at limited capacity) would manage something like that without massive lines at the gate. Thanks for sharing.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby RideWoodenCoasters » Fri May 08, 2020 2:25 am

Thanks very much for that video Robb; this seems like a model for all parks going forward. I would imagine multiple gate resorts would limit repeat reservations to the same gate should capacity limits require that.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri May 08, 2020 6:55 am

I think this version of sitting with your own party makes way more sense than that picture of that other park that had people seated by themselves in every row in alternating sides on that coaster.

I don't see myself going to any parks this year at this point though, I'd rather just wait until we move past all this.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri May 08, 2020 7:03 am

Tickets for the early days of Shanghai Disneyland's reopening are selling out in minutes. Whoo boy, it's going to be very interesting once the U.S. parks reopen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-disney-shanghai/shanghai-disneyland-tickets-sell-out-as-park-prepares-to-re-open-idUSKBN22K0N6?fbclid=IwAR3LKqhe4hgGLwnLJGHHMckg4myuN19GKewkLpX9xpyCMSG162whL6h6O6M
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:38 am

A.J. wrote:Tickets for the early days of Shanghai Disneyland's reopening are selling out in minutes. Whoo boy, it's going to be very interesting once the U.S. parks reopen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-disney-shanghai/shanghai-disneyland-tickets-sell-out-as-park-prepares-to-re-open-idUSKBN22K0N6?fbclid=IwAR3LKqhe4hgGLwnLJGHHMckg4myuN19GKewkLpX9xpyCMSG162whL6h6O6M

Yeah it's going to be very interesting. I'm interested to see how Disney (and others) handle passholders, I mean even if passholders have unlimited access but have to have a reservation, and the reservation are all gone in minutes after they're released however far in advance they're available it's realistic that you can have an annual pass and not really be able to use it. Especially if the only time you can go is on weekends.

I know a lot of the seasonal parks have already validated passes through 2021 so it's not as big of an issue, but for the operators that haven't, lets say they re-open in June and extend everyone's passes 3 or 4 months but if you can't hardly get a reservation for the next 5 months because of the capacity restrictions the extension doesn't really help much. Going to be very interesting.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby RideWoodenCoasters » Fri May 08, 2020 8:21 am

3 1/2 month shutdown, 30% government attendance limit, and a temporary self-imposed further limit. Immediate sellout for reopening day Monday & first open Saturday, but availability remained for first Friday and second week, it appears. Will be interesting to compare with WDW and others.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!