Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

P. 236: Black Mirror Labyrinth is coming to Thorpe Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:12 pm

cfc wrote:After Oakwood's Speed, I'm all in favor of more Eurofighters--it was a fun ride.

After so many great reviews about Speed, I was really anxious for Mystery Mine; however, I wasn't overly thrilled by it. Not a bad ride by any means, but just kind of middle of the pack. For those who've ridden both, can you compare them for us? Personally, for me, the jury's still out on the Eurofighter. I will give Thorpe credit for attempting to theme it though. That always garners bonus points from me.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby DaveH80 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:20 pm

This really sounds great, it appears that It'll be well themed and also with 4 inversions it may be more like Typhoon than most that are around now. It honestly makes we want to visit Thorpe Park even more now :b

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby C l a i r e » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:30 pm

I can't wait for this, looks like it could be good. Thorpe Park is my home park.. and I'm glad they are getting something new. =)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:40 pm

dr.gumbo wrote:I would of liked to see something much more original from Tussauds (or British Merlin). I liked the days when they used to bring out rides completly out of the ordinary.

Like what?

Nemesis or Nemesis: Inferno? A B&M invert
Air? A B&M flyer
Hex? A vekoma Mad House
Colossus? An Intamin 10 inversion

Basically, almost all of their major additions over the past 15 years have been fairly standard production rides. They just have done a pretty good job of theming or presenting them in such a way that it's different than just plopping them down without any decoration at all.

Other than Oblivion, I can't think of a single ride that Tussaud's built that was completely original.

--Robb

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:30 pm

Cool! Im a big fan of Euro-Fighters! They just look so cool and they are fun!

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:47 pm

robbalvey wrote:^^ You gotta remember though that WE hear about every one of these, and even though there are two other Gerstlauer Eurofighters in the UK, Oakwood is nowhere near London, and Southend's is also pretty far.

I'm sure most people in Thorpe's local demographic have never heard of a ride like this before.

--Robb

I know the average Joe Blow isn't going to know that there's more than one here and there, it just seems like this is the new caoster every park is going to try and cram in.

Just my two cents.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:46 pm

This looks and sounds like a pretty good ride, and going by the concept(and who owns the park), then the theming on this will turn out really well. The theming itself looks like a cross between Mystery Mine and Batman: the Ride, and it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm most interested in the layout of the ride, because going by the stats, there will be many elements in very little track length.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby hersheypark1315 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:48 pm

it looks like a wanna be mystery mine but looks cool :lmao:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Victor871 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:26 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Noxegon wrote:the average theme park patron probably hasn't *heard* of Southend, so I guess it'll be new to them :)

That's kind of what I meant. In a way, Southend is sort of like Scandia here in So Cal...and I guarantee that most people in So Cal have never heard of Scandia, unless they live within about 20 miles of the place.

--Robb

That's funny you mention Scandia, I live near it. I had seen that lovely rusting roller coaster of their's and me being the freak I am.....well I had to ride it. What made it scarier was on the way up the lift hill you could see all the rust on the steel. I liked riding in the front instead of the back smoother ride I thought. Not a bad little coaster if you have a big backyard!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby wierdo135 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:42 pm

hansrubens wrote:Looks like it will get a decent theming.

So did maverick

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!