Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

P. 236: Black Mirror Labyrinth is coming to Thorpe Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:18 am

"Beyond vertical drops" are becoming rather redundant already. Is a 97 degree drop at 100 feet really that impressive?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:26 am

I completely agree, but the thing is that I don't think the non-enthusiast population has caught on yet as we have. These companies are trying to milk everything they possibly can out of it before the non-enthusiasts realize it's redundant.

Anyway, looks like a really fun coaster! I have to get out to Europe one of these years!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:26 am

^^ You gotta remember though that WE hear about every one of these, and even though there are two other Gerstlauer Eurofighters in the UK, Oakwood is nowhere near London, and Southend's is also pretty far.

I'm sure most people in Thorpe's local demographic have never heard of a ride like this before.

--Robb

Are you American? Are you nice?

Postby hansrubens » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:34 am

Looks like it will get a decent theming.
http://www.wervershovers.nl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wervershoof
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/be4e773a94a989167eb130d5ad78f5fe.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a culture ho

Postby Noxegon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:37 am

I dunno, Robb; Southend isn't that far from London.

OTOH the average theme park patron probably hasn't *heard* of Southend, so I guess it'll be new to them :)

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:38 am

Canada Creek, you say?

Maybe it'll be sponsored by Labatt's. Or poutine. :lol:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:40 am

Noxegon wrote:the average theme park patron probably hasn't *heard* of Southend, so I guess it'll be new to them :)

That's kind of what I meant. In a way, Southend is sort of like Scandia here in So Cal...and I guarantee that most people in So Cal have never heard of Scandia, unless they live within about 20 miles of the place.

--Robb

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:49 am

After Oakwood's Speed, I'm all in favor of more Eurofighters--it was a fun ride.

The classic!

Postby dr.gumbo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:51 am

I would of liked to see something much more original from Tussauds (or British Merlin). I liked the days when they used to bring out rides completly out of the ordinary. Your right Robb that most people would'nt have heard of the other two and that a beyond vertical drop would be the gimmick of the century but its just sad to see Tussauds inventive like they once were. Oh yes... those were the days.

(I would of prefered to of seen a El loco to be honest, I know it might of been a controversial choice but at least its different)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:54 am

mcjaco wrote:"Beyond vertical drops" are becoming rather redundant already. Is a 97 degree drop at 100 feet really that impressive?

I rather enjoy Maverick's first drop, but it's kicked up a notch by the LSMs.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!