Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

P. 234: 'Love Island' Summer experience coming to the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Postby Morgan » Fri May 05, 2017 12:16 am

The even rows on Colossus are a joke, you need to be tiny just to be able to climb into them without having to crawl.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheoB » Fri May 05, 2017 10:17 am

RyanTPM wrote:We may be able to question how Colossus rides based on the occasional different seat but there's no questioning how unbelievably bad the ride is actually looking right now which doesn't help. It needs a massive overhaul, the track and supports look so, so bad!

I actually quite like the decayed look that it shared with Nemesis at Alton Towers, it really fits in I think. And I actually have a californian friend who has it as their number 2 somehow. I still don't get why but whatever.
Helix|Balder|Wildfire|Nemesis|Furius Baco

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Fri May 05, 2017 10:58 am

TheoB wrote:
RyanTPM wrote:We may be able to question how Colossus rides based on the occasional different seat but there's no questioning how unbelievably bad the ride is actually looking right now which doesn't help. It needs a massive overhaul, the track and supports look so, so bad!

I actually quite like the decayed look that it shared with Nemesis at Alton Towers, it really fits in I think. And I actually have a californian friend who has it as their number 2 somehow. I still don't get why but whatever.

^ I get you completely, and was about to post something similar. I love how the ride looks rusted and kind of dodgy. A re-paint would make it looks like a modern thing, which it is not. It has character. It looks like it belongs in some dilapidated strange mythical land, and it works. New trains however would not be a bad idea. They should not get ride of a ride design which is still being produced today brand new, however with the space cleared by Slammer, a full revamp and new coaster is not to be excluded within the next few years. My theory is that Colossus has two years left (including this season), then on the plot the two rides leave, one coaster will be added. Maybe.
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

Postby TheoB » Fri May 05, 2017 11:45 am

Henry M wrote:They should not get ride of a ride design which is still being produced today brand new, however with the space cleared by Slammer, a full revamp and new coaster is not to be excluded within the next few years. My theory is that Colossus has two years left (including this season), then on the plot the two rides leave, one coaster will be added. Maybe.

Colossus has a good ten - fifteen years left. It always has a giant queue theres no reason to remove it and maintenance isn't exactly Slammer level on it, not even close. Theres more than enough space on Slammer's site for a coaster that could cross over the path to where I'm a Celebrity is and go all behind there easily, Colossus has so much life left in it.

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Fri May 05, 2017 12:24 pm

^ I hope so, it is a great ride, but I feel it needs new trains. That is all. It is possible, although they may have to be custom designed, but it would maintain the cool ride, but more comfortable.

Postby Pirate » Sat May 06, 2017 9:27 am

I'm a bit late, but:

Thorpe is removing Slammer, as Henry said on the last page, but he didn't mention that Thorpe hasn't confirmed whether it's being scrapped or sold onto another park..

Here it is.

Hopefully it will move to another park in the UK. But it's most likely getting scrapped. :(
:airtimer:

Postby TheoB » Sat May 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Pirate wrote:I'm a bit late, but:

Thorpe is removing Slammer, as Henry said on the last page, but he didn't mention that Thorpe hasn't confirmed whether it's being scrapped or sold onto another park..

Here it is.

Hopefully it will move to another park in the UK. But it's most likely getting scrapped. :(

There is 0 chance of it getting relocated, if someone took it on they would be out of their mind.

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Sun May 07, 2017 3:24 am

Nobody is taking slammer. Why would you? It would never run in another park, unless they had some top notch engineers who could make parts for the ride themselves. Don't kid yourself, it is not being relocated, and definitely not to the UK.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby mr.sugar » Sun May 07, 2017 9:20 am

They took it down for this season only. They will do major refurbishment to make it more relyable and turn it into VR ride :D :D :D.

Well, maybe if they don´t scrap it and have intention to move it somewhere, maybe to chessington?

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Sun May 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Wooooooww! I cannot believe that thought crossed your mind. You think a thrill ride that could not warrant the queue to keep it operating at a thrill park, would move to a family park where the height restriction dissallows its construction and would have even less queues. Mmmm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!