TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Demolition Photos

I actually just wanted to share a picture I took at Efteling last month for the people on the 2008 European TPR trip...We watched a large piece of machinery hack away at Pegasus. Fortunately a new woodie will open in its place next year.

And I was thinking, do you have cool demolition photos? It's a sucky thing (coaster destruction in general) but interesting to document.

What do you have in your collection?

chiller.jpg.f0b738249f7d9ee9079bb3510625d3f9.jpg

And this is only other one I could find, Batman and Robin: The Chiller, from October 2007. This was replaced by The Dark Knight Coaster...nuff said.

pegasus.jpg.975053433a653da3e720fada65b0d538.jpg

Pegasus at Efteling, August 2009

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the proud owner of a one-inch section of Flashback track (just the running rail, not the entire spine, ties, etc.). It even still has some of the blue paint on it!

This was a prize from one of the TPR trivia games at a TPR party at Robb and Elissa's.

Eric

Here's an entire section of a site showing off Windjammer's removal which I came across and followed during that summer of the demolition.

http://www.twistedrails.com/kbf/kbf.shtml

I recall Westcoaster had photo updates on the removal back then as well... which have long since been taken down from the site. Dan, do you still have the pictures?

Ahhh, the worst ride I've ever been on being taken down to make way for the BEST ride I've ever been on. Excellent. Seriously, Viper was a God awful ride...

It's going to be sad to see BBW's pictures.

This is a great thread though. Very interesting.

I can't wait till Scorpion gets the ax.

I hope Scorpion would find a home at a different park rather then be scrapped entirely. But I'm biased because that was my first looping ride and I've always had a soft spot in my heart for it... I love any Schwarzkopf, though, brilliant guy with some amazing coasters.