Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 74: Third on-site hotel announced for Legoland Florida!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:38 pm

LEGO® Tree Kicking Off Christmas Bricktacular!
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (December 6, 2014)—Christmas spirit was glowing in the faces of children Saturday night as LEGOLAND® Florida Resort hosted 40 Make-A-Wish families to kick off Christmas Bricktacular presented by Shutterfly®, with a Tree Lighting Ceremony in a colorful celebration full of music, lights and snow!

Merlin’s Magic Wand provided tickets for nearly 200 Make-A-Wish guests to enjoy the theme park and be special VIP guests at the ceremony. LEGO® Santa and the stars of “The LEGO® Movie,” Emmet and Wyldstyle, brought up four children from Make-A-Wish Foundation to share the stage and help light the more than 30-foot tall LEGO Christmas tree made up of 270,000 LEGO and DUPLO® bricks. The children included Riley Mazur, Elizabeth Pranger, Joshua Chambers, and Emsley Long.

“As a theme park that is truly built for kids, we are honored to host these great kids and create wonderful holiday memories for them and their families. We’d like to thank Make-A-Wish for the opportunity to work together on this event, and for all of the wonderful things they do to support children and their families all year long,” said LEGOLAND Florida Resort General Manager Adrian Jones.

LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s parent company, Merlin Entertainments, created Merlin’s Magic Wand to put the magic back into the childhoods of seriously ill, disabled and disadvantaged children. Teaming up with Make-A-Wish for this special event, the two charitable organizations aim to give this wonderful group of children a day to escape and enter a world where they can take control.

“We are thrilled to continue our long-standing relationship with LEGOLAND to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. LEGOLAND creates an amazing hands-on experience for our Wish children who wish to go to the park or to be a Master Model Builder for the day. We appreciate the continued support and commitment LEGOLAND gives to our organization,” said Chair of Board of Directors for Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida Chris Quarles.

The annual Christmas Bricktacular event continues weekends in December with extraordinary holiday-themed LEGO builds, interactive LEGO Character Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier Characters and snow fall in Fun Town. Visit with paid admission now through Dec. 27, 2014, and receive a free return visit Jan. 1- Feb. 28, 2015!
2014.12.06_LEGOLANDFLORIDA_TREELIGHTING_001.jpg
2014.12.06_LEGOLANDFLORIDA_TREELIGHTING_002.jpg
2014.12.06_LEGOLANDFLORIDA_TREELIGHTING_005.jpg
2014.12.06_LEGOLANDFLORIDA_TREELIGHTING_015.jpg

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:24 am

LEGOLAND Florida has sent us a press release regarding a new package they are offering for guests planning to stay at the new LEGOLAND Hotel when it opens later in 2015.

Guests who book a stay at LEGOLAND® Hotel at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort by Christmas day will get more brick for their buck.

Just in time for the holidays, LEGOLAND Florida Resort is offering a package deal which includes a free second day plus Resort Hopper upgrade with a pre-booked room at LEGOLAND Hotel.

The five story LEGO® themed Hotel will feature 152 brightly colored and highly themed rooms and suites, thousands of LEGO models and interactive play areas! The addition of the Hotel gives guests the opportunity to extend their stay and explore LEGOLAND Florida Resort for more than one day giving them the ultimate family experience.

Booking is now open from June 15, 2015-January 31, 2016 at Florida.LEGOLAND.com.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort Logo.jpg
LLHAdventurePremiumThemed.jpg
LLHKingdomPremiumThemed.jpg
LLHPiratePremiumThemed.jpg
Legoland Hotel California.jpg
Construction 1.jpg
Construction 2.jpg
Construction 3.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:35 am

I'm super ready to make a visit here soon! I know the resort is going to be great!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm hopeful we can sneak away from our Disney stay in Feb for an afternoon visit. We have been to the Discovery Center in KC and the kids liked it very much. With them being 12 and 11, I figure this is the last window they would get the most out of it and I would like to visit since I saw the alligator handler at Cypress Gardens get his hand clamped down on by one he was trying to flip to put to sleep back in the late 80s.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jcrouse » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:32 pm

Legoland 2015 Media Event

Legoland Florida invited us out on Thursday to attend their 2015 Press Announcement. As the Legoland hotel gets closer to opening, Legoland Florida is rebranding itself as Legoland Florida Resort. The hotel opens to guests on May 15, 2015. Many of the features are similar to existing Legoland Hotels - but this one will have a few exclusive amenities. This 152-room hotel will be the first to feature VIP Suites that will allow guests the option of upgrading to an in-room character dining experience. Also exclusive to this property, the Master Model Builders Workshop will take up permanent residence in the Hotel allowing Hotel Guests the opportunity to watch and learn from Legoland's Master Model Builders.

The other big announcement was the addition of the Lego Friends Heartlake City land to the theme park. This expansion will open Summer 2015 and will feature the girl-centered Lego Friends product line. The land will include a live stage show, character meet and greets with the Lego Friends, shops inside the "Heartlake Mall", and Mia's Riding Adventure, a Zamperla Disk'o Coaster themed to horse riding. This new land will be located near the front of the park behind the existing Magnolia Mansion.

The full press release and photos are below.

LEGOLAND® Florida Resort Sets May 15 Opening for LEGOLAND® Hotel and Announces New Land for 2015

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (Jan. 15, 2015) – LEGOLAND® Hotel at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort is officially opening May 15, 2015! The announcement came today from General Manager of LEGOLAND Hotel, Kevin Carr, during a press event at the Hotel site, located just steps away from the theme park entrance. LEGOLAND Florida Resort General Manager Adrian Jones also announced Heartlake City, the newest land based on the popular LEGO® Friends line of toys, is opening this summer.

Both additions are expected to boost the local economy. Carr expects to hire 150 Model Citizens (employees) to support the Hotel. “LEGOLAND Hotel offers a unique experience unlike any other in Florida,” said Carr. “Imagine how excited children will be to wake up in a giant toy box full of LEGO bricks and to be the first to enter the theme park each day.” Jones also announced a Master Model Builder Workshop being offered exclusively to Hotel guests. “LEGOLAND Hotel is an extension of the theme park experience and the stars of our Park are our Master Model Builders,” said Jones. “We’re moving the Model Shop into our Hotel and guests will be able to learn and build with our Model Builders daily in the Master Model Builder Workshop.”

Today’s event at the Resort included a hard hat tour with a behind-the-scenes look at the Hotel. Media and VIP guests were taken to one of the fifth floor suites to experience the spectacular views of Lake Eloise, the theme park with its 50 rides, shows and attractions, and the site of the future expansion, Heartlake City.

“When it opens in summer of 2015, Heartlake City will be a colorful and vibrant new land offering adventures for all ages,” said Jones. “The centerpieces will include a fantastic horse-themed disc coaster called Mia’s Riding Adventure and an interactive show, ‘Friends to the Rescue’ as well as new shops inside Heartlake Mall. Between our constant expansion, the new LEGOLAND Hotel opening in May and the Water Park re-opening in March, LEGOLAND Florida Resort is definitely a multi-day destination.” To book a room, visit: LEGOLANDHotel.com.
LEGOLAND Logo copy.jpg
Legoland Florida is now Legoland Florida Resort
01_IMG_9254.JPG
Back at Legoland for the 2015 Announcements.
02_IMG_9269.JPG
We'll be going behind this fence today.
03_IMG_9256.JPG
Here's the current state of the hotel.
04_IMG_9257.JPG
Officially opening for guests on May 15, 2015!
03A_IMG_9261.JPG
This bellhop is the hotel's mascot and the first model to be built for it. There will be over 2000 models in the hotel and at least 8 in every room.
05_LEGOLAND Hotel Entrance.jpg
Exterior rendering of the finished hotel. Photo: Legoland Florida Resort
06A_Kingdom Themed Room-Adults.jpg
The Kingdom themed room. Photo: Legoland Florida Resort
06B_Pirate Themed Room-Adults.jpg
The Pirate themed room. Photo: Legoland Florida Resort
06_LEGOLAND Hotel Pool.jpg
The pool area once completed. Photo: Legoland Florida Resort
07_Disco Elevator.jpg
The hotel has "Disco Elevators" - dance music and disco lights in every elevator. You can almost hear it... everything is awesome... Photo: Legoland Florida Resort
08_Bricks Family Restaurant.jpg
The Bricks Family Restaurant features buffet style dining with lower leveled food stations so that younger kids can help themselves. Hotel guests are also treated to complimentary buffet breakfasts.
09_Master Model Builder Workshop.png
The Master Model Builder Workshop. Exclusive to hotel guests, kids can sign up for sessions to learn and build with the parks own Master Model Builders.
10_IMG_9268.JPG
This is what the interiors look like now.
11_IMG_9260.JPG
Before we headed into the park, this convertible pulled into the construction site with the Lego Friends...
12_IMG_9258.JPG
...to announce Heartlake City at Legoland.
13_Heartlake City.jpg
This is the rendering for the new land featuring the Mia's Riding Adventure Coaster.
14_IMG_9262.JPG
This garden area behind the Magnolia Mansion will be the home of Heartlake City.
IMG_9264.JPG
That's it from Legoland. Looking forward to the new projects! (And I still have "Everything is Awesome" stuck in my head.)

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:59 am

The hotel should be a huge bonus for the park. The parks location is certainly not ideal, so I imagine the hotel will convince people to just spend the whole day there.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby window » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:49 am

The hotel looks great! The rooms look very similar to the themed rooms at the Alton Towers Hotel (also owned by Merlin) which is a very good thing!
Last edited by window on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:50 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:44 am

It's good to see Legoland Florida expanding and doing so well--and it gives the old Cypress Gardens property a shot in the arm, too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:22 pm

The hotel looks great. I'm sure Jacob will love it when he's older!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:03 pm

So, a Disc'O with a hump?
First for Central Florida?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!