Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 76: Legoland Reopening June 1!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby Chroniq » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Stupid question of the day- I was looking at the twin chasers pic. They can paint waterslides? I always thought the color was built into the fiberglass/plastic that made up the slide.

On another note: From a young family's perspective, Legoland Orlando has become one of our "must do" things when we travel to Orlando together. While I haven't visited it yet, I think they've nailed it. I'm sure there are many other families that feel the same way.
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:44 am

I am very glad to see and hear this great news. I have a five year old cousin down there who LOVES Legos and water parks (kill two birds with one stone there). It will be great if they can lower the height requirements for the twin racers slide, more things for kids to do, the faster they fall asleep on the car ride home :p

seriously though, very glad to hear this.

^as for your question, I am under the impression that it is a specialized paint.... kinda like grill paint or car paint. I am certain they can be painted (not 100% sure)
Robb and I on Storm Runner: weeeeeeeeeeeee, LASER-SNAKE-HORSE-ON-FIRE-ROLL!

"I like trains"

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby drwpweb » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Chroniq wrote:Stupid question of the day- I was looking at the twin chasers pic. They can paint waterslides? I always thought the color was built into the fiberglass/plastic that made up the slide.

They make paint for the outside, non-rideable part of a water slide. Yes, it is possible to change the color of the rideable part you have to re-gelcoat the slide. It's tedious work and requires a lot of sanding to get it all nice and smooth! There are a few companies who specialize in it, traveling all over re-surfacing slides.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Cedar Point must be paying a lot of money then since they are repainting all of their slides...inside and out! :b
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:15 pm

chargersmichael wrote:Cedar Point must be paying a lot of money then since they are repainting all of their slides...inside and out! :b

Cedar Point (or their parent company, Cedar Fair) are in no way involved with Legoland Florida or any Legoland property for that matter. Legoland Florida is managed and owned by Merlin. That being said, it is a great sign to see Merlin investing in the former Cypress Gardens remnants to better mesh them into the new Legoland environment.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby drwpweb » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:50 pm

chargersmichael wrote:Cedar Point must be paying a lot of money then since they are repainting all of their slides...inside and out! :b

It's not as expensive as you think. I mean don't get me wrong it costs a lot of money but not as much as you would think. Plus it's obviously MUCH cheaper then building a new slide.

jedimaster1227 wrote:Cedar Point (or their parent company, Cedar Fair) are in no way involved with Legoland Florida or any Legoland property for that matter. Legoland Florida is managed and owned by Merlin. That being said, it is a great sign to see Merlin investing in the former Cypress Gardens remnants to better mesh them into the new Legoland environment.

Although off-topic, I believe he was referring to Cedar Point as they been working on re-surfacing their slides.

But yes certainly great to see them investing in this park. I was really impressed with the park when I toured it at IAAPA this year. Hearing them talk about all the repairs/investments they did to rehab rides was certainly interesting. I'm glad to see they are having great success there!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 am

Today, LEGOLAND Florida officials announced the opening date for LEGOLAND Water Park. Central Florida’s newest theme park, will open the gates to its latest addition on Saturday, May 26, 2012. Guests can purchase annual passes that include the attraction online at http://www.LEGOLAND.com and at AAA Auto Club South locations. Premium Pass includes unlimited admission to both LEGOLAND Florida and LEGOLAND Water Park, free parking and discounts within the park and is $179 for adults and $149 for children 3-12 and seniors 60 and older.
LLF WP Overview.jpg
LLWP-4C-BLK-01-THICK.png

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Why does Florida always get the good stuff?

Though, I'm suprised to the scale of this waterpark, I expected a very compact one like the one in CA.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Legoland seems to have the right recipe to revitalize the park: Making it family friendly, showing some TLC to the different rides/attractions, and generally showing care is a good thing.

Very often, parks will move in and 'try' to revitalize a park and fail. This I think will be the exception to the rule- and not the norm. Seeing so many changes is a good thing, as my last trip to CG was, well, bland.

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:55 am

That is quite a large water park. Definitely different from the Legoland I always thought of... Some of those slides look rather intense too. The kids are sure gonna have a fun time going up those stairs.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!