Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 76: Legoland Reopening June 1!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:50 am

Yeah I never feel bad when people complain about going to parks when they are packed. It's not hard to know when that will be. Same goes for buying things like a Flash Pass. I haven't bought one in a couple of years BECAUSE I plan my trips on days I know they won't be crowded. Same thing goes when people complain about the gate price at a park. Spend 5 minutes online and you will now what days are best to go and discounts to avoid full price.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:52 am

Poor location? Pepsi products? Pfft, this is proof that LEGOS can overcome any obstacles! :wink:
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Anyone going to the parks this week has no right to bitch/complain/talk bad anything about the parks being crowded. It's Christmas New Years. Unless you've been living under a rock everyone on earth knows that the parks are super busy this week.

Done.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:22 pm

^Agreed. I'd also hope that people realize that the park cannot do anything about the local roads. That's up the county/state, and I'm sure it would take years to get any sort of new construction approved.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:22 pm

I went to Disney for New Years Eve 99/00 and Magic Kingdom closed at 10:30 for capacity. Fortunately, I was going to MGM (at the time) and got there well before it "closed" with my cast member friends.

Like many people have said, Legoland will have to work this out on how they deal with traffic better. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new E-Ticket attraction moved up by 2013 depending on how the summer goes, which I'm sure will be great.

Also to note: You'll find that people complain more online than they will anywhere else. There is something about hiding behind your computer that makes you feel more brave, and generally those same people are much different in real-life situations. I do it too, but it happens more than you think.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:28 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:Poor location? Pepsi products? Pfft, this is proof that LEGOS can overcome any obstacles! :wink:

Quoted for accuracy :)
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:38 pm

If non-park people want to cut down on the traffic wait time, they could also use Cypress Gardens Road to get around the park. ...Not to be confused with Cypress Gardens Blvd which is what Legoland is located on. The road is about halfway between route 27 and Legoland and brings you out on the other side of the park. You still have to go on Cypress Gardens Blvd for 2 miles, but it still beats having to go all the way up to the park.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sexyhusband » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:56 am

We are BIG Lego fans and live in Florida so we visit all of the parks at least once every year; our visit to Legoland was aweful. This place is for children under 8 years old and it takes almost an hour to park. The customer service is terrible, they would not honor the ticket I bought online (because they have two different computer systems that are not connected?) The employees are extremely rude, we actually saw them enjoying pissing the guests off!! The tickets were expensive, the park was too small and the hours were limited from 10 to 5. They are so many other parks that provide a better experience- don't waste your time at Legoland Florida.

This place has the worst employee attitudes ever, which is possibly due to where the locals have to live in order to work there- in the middle of trailer park hell!

Please note I am not hiding behind my computer; In fact I am willing to speak in front of crowds up to 500 people about this topic (in exchange for expenses) and I am available for birthday parties and bar mitzvahs. Contact me via email to book my time.

Take your kids anywhere but here. The Lego store in Downtown Disney is close in Orlando and absolutely awesome, the employees are friendly and they have all their teeth.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:12 pm

^ I cannot tell if you're trolling or for real, but I'll respond as though you're for real...

First off, I'm going to assume that you were probably at the park during Christmas week when they reported "record crowds" and had to close due to capacity. If that's the case, then all I have to say is, as a fellow Florida local that visits all the parks each year, what were you even doing there during this time of year?!?!? Honestly, what did you expect from a brand new park during their first ever packed Christmas, and one that across all of Central Florida has been reporting record crowds.

IMO, locals either shouldn't be going to the parks this time of year, or, should know by now what to expect, and set those expectations accordingly.

If you weren't visiting during these busy times, then I'm not sure what to tell you, as our personal experience during our two visits has been a complete 180 from what you're posting, as well as others who have posted trip reports from the park.

I do agree that the park still has some growing and learning to do, but it's also brand new, the first Merlin has been in the Central Florida market, and it's a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than the park it replaced.

Personally, I kind of think your post is made up, over-exaggerating, and a poor attempt at trolling, but I'm willing to give you somewhat of the benefit of the doubt.

EDIT - Just did an IP Trace to see that you're actually not from Florida at all. Stupid troll. Account banned!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:17 pm.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coaster_Fanatic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:15 pm

sexyhusband wrote:don't waste your time at Legoland Florida.

Do you seriously have to be THAT rude about it? What do you expect from the Holidays?
My Top 5 Coasters - 1). El Toro 2). Intimidator 305 3). Thunderhead 4). Kingda Ka 5). Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!