Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 76: Legoland Reopening June 1!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby darienlakeonline » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Most be a good park to reach full. Good thing the park told people unnlike Disney World.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:56 pm

My guess is that Disney and Universal probably didn't want to deal with the social media backlash... which IMO is a smart move. As much as the crazies came out to jump on Legoland, that page has only a fraction of the followers that Disney has. I don't think I could stand to read through that crap, and it would give the park bad publicity.

Plus, at least at Disney you can just easily hop over to another park.

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 pm

This reminds me of when Cedar Point didn't close on Columbus Day weekend. People were pissed that they didn't, seems like parks cannot win when it comes to this situation.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Swimace wrote:My guess is that Disney and Universal probably didn't want to deal with the social media backlash... which IMO is a smart move. As much as the crazies came out to jump on Legoland, that page has only a fraction of the followers that Disney has. I don't think I could stand to read through that crap, and it would give the park bad publicity.

Plus, at least at Disney you can just easily hop over to another park.

Funny you say that. The local news said that all the Disney parks, except for EPCOT, reached capacity today. ...Along with Harry Potter. ;)

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:42 pm

^There was a period of time when only AP holders, hotel guests, and guests with reservations were allowed into the parks, but they never reached a full close (which at least MK usually does on New Years). Disney has different "phases" of closing, but they didn't reach total capacity, as they reopened for everyone in the afternoon. IOA and Legoland are both smaller parks, so I can see why they would have to completely stop admitting people. I wonder what max capacity for those parks are

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:59 pm

^Remember, it was the local news saying this after all. Trust me, I wasn't there witnessing it myself.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby AndrewRnR » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom all experienced phased closings today. None of the parks were fully closed ("phase 4") today and its actually been a few years now since that has happened (2009?).

But it makes a better news story when they say "park closed" and leave it at that. ;)
Last edited by AndrewRnR on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:24 pm.

Postby alpengeist04 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:22 pm

^Anyway you cut it, it's still too many damn people. I'll wait till January to go, thank you very much. ;)

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Came across this on their page...

Mad Poster

Warning to Parents: Plan on spending an additional 45 mins to an hour in line on Cypress Gardens Blvd after u get off interstate. They did NOT improve existing roads in Winter Haven to handle park traffic in any way.

Park GM and owners: What are your plans for Improving getting into the park!?! Absolutely awful way to set the tone prior to getting into the park with crawling/inching traffic for an hour with anxious and excited kids. Build a ramp or widen Cypress Gardens...please!!!

Beware to your customers: horrible traffic at entrance to park. In car for over an hour within a mile from the park. No infrastructure was put in to support the park traffic. Parking prices on top of ticket prices is 12-20 dollars and line time averages an hour per ride. Also, park shuts down when "at capacity" tell people to get here early!!! So far, a "meh" rating from me and my family. Serious kinks to work out in the customer experience end to end

and more ranting on that sort of thing...then this person says:

Judging from his picture, I doubt he has any kids =X

And he hasn't said anything since. :angry:

I mean, sure some of his arguing had some warrant, but he spammed all these negative remarks in the Facebook page repeatedly. Frankly I think he was the only one really majorly complaining.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby AndrewRnR » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Isn't Cypress Gardens Blvd a four-lane divided highway? I'm sure there was traffic was bad but considering 95% of the park's other operating days the crowds won't be nearly this bad...

With that logic hopefully those Facebook posters haven't tried to drive up and down I-4 lately or near any of the other parks. Perhaps Orlando should widen I-4 and build huge off ramps to each theme park (and outlets) because 2-3 weeks a year there is big traffic jams (don't even try to drive near any park on NYE after the new year... the entire city nearly becomes a stand still).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!