Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:31 am

I mean it makes 100 percent sense to theme it back to Superman. Six Flags just bought a park with a red and blue Intamin hyper named “Ride of Steel”, and SF has the deals to use the Superman name. It’s only a matter of time but there’s no way in hell that we’ll never see that theme come back. It just wouldn’t make sense.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:11 am

^ But there's 3 parks that are owned by Six Flags that don't use it because they don't see a need to use it: Frontier City, Great Escape, and La Ronde.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Postby Haymaker » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 am

pryonisys wrote:What does the Spiderman Poster have to do with Ride of Steel?
(for those who aren't comic/IP savvy) Spiderman is a Marvel IP, not DC and Disney doesn't even have fully rights to him.
Six Flags is not able to use Spiderman.

If I'm missing something from this photo please let me know, I've been known to overlook the obvious from time to time haha

I think the post was a joke. Universal has Spiderman's IP rights because they were grandfathered in to the Disney deal. That shop has had both Marvel and DC stuff all year.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:37 am

I'm so stoked for when this park finally does change the name to Superman and markets it as a brand new coaster and doesn't add anything else because its Six Flags and that's what they do and then you guys are all gonna cry for 6 months about how lame your 2020/2021/2022/whateverthef*ckyear addition is.

P.S. They probably won't even paint it because why would they even bother?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 am

^ To the chain's credit they did give SFNE a super loop along with the Superman retheme a few years ago.

When they turned it into Bizarro I remember they also got their old wipeout reinstalled that was in storage.

But then again this is Darien Lake.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:51 am

boldikus wrote:P.S. They probably won't even paint it because why would they even bother?

That would even piss the GP off. More Flags, More Fun. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Postby rjr19 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:06 am

DarienPoint wrote:^ But there's 3 parks that are owned by Six Flags that don't use it because they don't see a need to use it: Frontier City, Great Escape, and La Ronde.

Here’s my way of thinking about it. Yes, there are 3 parks without the Superman/DC branding. But all 3 of those parks do not have the Six Flags name or a hyper coaster that was clearly themed to it at one time. We have the Six Flags name and “Ride of Steel”. It only makes sense.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

I Love Donkeys!

Postby y2lukin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Just a heads up for Six Flags members. If you have Diamond Elite status you can book a cabin for $60/night in October. That's pretty awesome as they are over $300 in the summer months (without a membership).

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:05 pm

boldikus wrote:I'm so stoked for when this park finally does change the name to Superman and markets it as a brand new coaster and doesn't add anything else because its Six Flags and that's what they do and then you guys are all gonna cry for 6 months about how lame your 2020/2021/2022/whateverthef*ckyear addition is.

P.S. They probably won't even paint it because why would they even bother?

Six Flags New England:
Bizarro Retheme / new trains / new effects / repainted
Superman Return / updated trains / repainted
Mind Eraser / new trains
The Riddler Revenge / New Paint and theme

Six Flags Great Adventure
Superman repaint

Six Flags America
Firebird / retheme / new trains

Is it really that unbelievable that they would do something like repaint a Rollercoaster? I’m sure there’s more examples here too, but come on.
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:51 pm

^ They were starting to repaint Mind Eraser a while back, you can see some of the supports that were done.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!