Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Wagon127 and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:36 am

Haymaker wrote:Another reason hes full of s**t is that all the coasters have 2 trains except ROS.

I've heard 2 things with trains. I've heard "They still have them all" and "They sold all the second trains to have enough money to run the park"

I can't imagine them selling trains to make money, but at the same time.....if they have all the second trains still and attendance is up, then why not use them?
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 am

rjr19 wrote:Here's my take on this.....I don't think they'd re-theme RoS to anything other than Superman. Think about it this way: Who, besides enthusiasts, call it "Ride of Steel"? Literally nobody. 20 years later and pretty much every park visitor refers to it as "The Superman". Say it was re-themed to The Flash.....great idea, but legit every non-enthusiast SFDL guest will still call it "The Superman", guaranteed.

We were actually talking about this just yesterday at SFNE - how funny it would be if after over 12 years, the ride was changed back to Superman and THEN people start calling it Ride of Steel instead. Like a crazy “it finally clicked” moment of stupidity.

I feel like either Superman or Bizarro would be totally cool for the park. I’m not sure how it went with SFNE for sure but to change color scheme and character completely twice over could be a neat marketing tactic for the park. Plus it allows for some “temporary” effects to be used for a few years with Bizarro (like fire, mist, cut outs, music, etc) then to have the more traditional style make a big bold return a few years later with simple yet effective enhancements like the Superman theme on the lift hill, some set pieces scattered about and a big ole sign that says “Superman Defeats Bizarro!”

Is it obvious that I really enjoyed SFNE’s way of handling their Superman ride? One can dream.
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Postby Haymaker » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:01 am

rjr19 wrote:
Haymaker wrote:Another reason hes full of s**t is that all the coasters have 2 trains except ROS.

I've heard 2 things with trains. I've heard "They still have them all" and "They sold all the second trains to have enough money to run the park"

I can't imagine them selling trains to make money, but at the same time.....if they have all the second trains still and attendance is up, then why not use them?

Y'all dont pay attention around here to the people in the know (not me) that post here. Its been stated that all coasters (except ROS) still have at least 2 trains and they are rotated yearly. Viper and Tantrum have 3. Its also been stated that the old Predator and ROS trains are/were around.

Postby rjr19 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Haymaker wrote:
rjr19 wrote:

Y'all dont pay attention around here to the people in the know (not me) that post here. Its been stated that all coasters (except ROS) still have at least 2 trains and they are rotated yearly. Viper and Tantrum have 3. Its also been stated that the old Predator and ROS trains are/were around.

That’s what begs the question: why not just use both if obviously they keep both operational. Especially this year with larger crowds than in years past, along with Six Flags’ larger budget. Makes zero sense.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:54 pm

^ I wonder if there are parts of the old ROS trains being used on the new one since they can no longer run them on the same track. It seems if any of the trains were to be sold it would’ve been those ones since they literally are useless now.

That being said if one shows up as a decoration for fright fest I would not be upset about it. (Put some fun-loving skeletons in it a-la Cedar Point’s Halloweekends decor)
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby richwoodrocket » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:24 pm

What a terrible picture Darien lake chose to post. They didn’t have, or couldn’t take a picture of motocoaster that didn’t have all those weeds and supports sitting on blocks? Image

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Sam826 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:05 am

richwoodrocket wrote:What a terrible picture Darien lake chose to post. They didn’t have, or couldn’t take a picture of motocoaster that didn’t have all those weeds and supports sitting on blocks? Image

If you hate it so much, then why did you like the photo..?

Postby Haymaker » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:14 am

Sam826 wrote:
richwoodrocket wrote:What a terrible picture Darien lake chose to post. They didn’t have, or couldn’t take a picture of motocoaster that didn’t have all those weeds and supports sitting on blocks? Image

:nina: :nina:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby richwoodrocket » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:47 am

Sam826 wrote:

They posted 6 other decent photos.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:22 am

Has anyone spotted any teasers or hints for the 2020 announcement yet?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!