Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:45 pm

TheAmericanKnight wrote:This is probably not accurate anyways, but I thought I may as well put this screenshot here to generate some discussion. What do you all think of this?

Well, as you can tell, I tried getting some info out of him lol. Was worth a shot :)

But either way, wnycoasters has replied to instagram posts of DL with info and stating he has connections as well. Who knows, maybe he’s actually legit. Would be nice if we’re actually getting something big in coming years.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby Haymaker » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:48 pm

The ME train(s) was actually my guess for the small addition earlier because I had heard that the ME trains were at the end of their service life. So my official prediction is a water coaster and new ME trains (SFNE style restraints)/paint/retheme.

Postby Haymaker » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 pm

rjr19 wrote:
TheAmericanKnight wrote:This is probably not accurate anyways, but I thought I may as well put this screenshot here to generate some discussion. What do you all think of this?

Well, as you can tell, I tried getting some info out of him lol. Was worth a shot :)

But either way, wnycoasters has replied to instagram posts of DL with info and stating he has connections as well. Who knows, maybe he’s actually legit. Would be nice if we’re actually getting something big in coming years.

I doubt it, the kid might not even be out of puberty.

Postby rjr19 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Haymaker wrote:The ME train(s) was actually my guess for the small addition earlier because I had heard that the ME trains were at the end of their service life. So my official prediction is a water coaster and new ME trains (SFNE style restraints)/paint/retheme.

Maybe even a small water slide or splash pad, then you can factor in money for new trains and paint for ME AND RoS, as well as a return of Superman. That would be an amazing step towards getting the park back up to the SF standard.

And honestly ME isn’t even rideable anymore, it’s gotten TERRIBLE this year. New vest restraints might be the way of saving the thing. Even last Sunday when the park was flat out PACKED and everything had a crazy long line, ME was a walk-on, in years past it would still be at least in all the station switchbacks in days like that. Shows that even gp are realizing truly how bad it has somehow gotten this year, not to mention that disaster of a train that they are running this year.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:12 pm

He was talking about RMC Predator to me with no evidence. :lmao:
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:14 pm

DarienPoint wrote:He was talking about RMC Predator to me with no evidence. :lmao:

LOL, how did that conversation even go?

Postby Haymaker » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:26 pm

TheAmericanKnight wrote:
DarienPoint wrote:He was talking about RMC Predator to me with no evidence. :lmao:

LOL, how did that conversation even go?

Kid is in 8th grade, he doesnt know s**t about what is or isnt coming :lmao: :lmao:

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:38 pm

I asked for proof and all he said was : Yeah

"These are just rumors"

"No"
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Wagon127 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Big is a matter of opinion. And I feel alot of theme parks have a 3 year plan to add something big, but then other suprise expenses come up, and they can't do it anymore. I'll believe a large attraction is coming, when they say its coming in less then 1 year....

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stealth1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:25 pm

I new flat ride and work on painting ride stations and fixing them up is needed more then a big new ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!