Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:02 pm

^ Most if that was Herschend.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby Haymaker » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:52 pm

rjr19 wrote:^ Most if that was Herschend.

Herschend operated it for CNL....

Postby rjr19 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Really? Honestly wasn’t aware of that. I think I’m talking about whoever the operator was from like 2015-2018. They flat out sucked.

Besides the super cheap, smallest Eurofighter available and a super loop, they did NOTHING for the park.

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby Haymaker » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:48 pm

rjr19 wrote:Really? Honestly wasn’t aware of that. I think I’m talking about whoever the operator was from like 2015-2018. They flat out sucked.

Besides the super cheap, smallest Eurofighter available and a super loop, they did NOTHING for the park.

Premier took over for Herschend after the 2014 season. They added Rolling Thunder, Brain Drain, RipCurl and Tantrum.

2007-2010: CNL/PARC
2011-2014: CNL/Herschend
2015-2017: CNL/Premier
2017-2018: EPR/Premier

Postby rjr19 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:56 pm

Haymaker wrote:
rjr19 wrote:Really? Honestly wasn’t aware of that. I think I’m talking about whoever the operator was from like 2015-2018. They flat out sucked.

Premier took over for Herschend after the 2014 season. They added Rolling Thunder, Brain Drain, RipCurl and Tantrum.

2007-2010: CNL/PARC
2011-2014: CNL/Herschend
2015-2017: CNL/Premier
2017-2018: EPR/Premier

If only Brain Drain and Ripcurl were one year. Would’ve been better. Too little investment into the dry park during their tenure was a large part of the issue it seems. 2 rides for the dry park that desperately needed some love in 5 years is a bit pathetic, especially looking at how cheap they went with both Tantrum (literally as small and bare bones as it gets), and Rolling Thunder, a good ol Super Loop.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby southpuddle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:45 am

I just can’t imagine going back, over and over, to a park that infuriates me so badly.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby dnn2031 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:59 am

My understanding is a large chunk of funding for those installs came from CNL as the property owner. After Herschend they were seriously working to sell the park so might not have been as interested in investing a lot in improvements if the value wouldn't be reflected in the sale bids. The campground was getting focus as a part of the business with the cabin installs going on. During the Premier period there was also considerable amount going to infrastructure (power and the water treatment). Not as sexy as a new ride, but the park hasn't had the total/partial power loss issues 2-3 times a year. Another average size coaster would have been three years out, but they decided they needed a coaster sooner than later so Tantrum fit the bill.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 pm

southpuddle wrote:I just can’t imagine going back, over and over, to a park that infuriates me so badly.

I agree. It's so much more fun to keep going back over and over to a thread that makes me question the viability of humanity.

Postby Haymaker » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:19 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
southpuddle wrote:I just can’t imagine going back, over and over, to a park that infuriates me so badly.

I agree. It's so much more fun to keep going back over and over to a thread that makes me question the viability of humanity.

Its really just a vocal minority. Although I saw much of the same complaints in the SFA thread.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:35 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

Makes me feel good about moving from Western NY to KC, I guess...

Yeah, people have complained about WoF not receiving a premier attraction since 2014...

BUT...5 years as opposed to a Eurofighter and a Skyscreamer in two years & people still endlessly complain in this thread about everything that the park does - regardless of ownership? I don't get it.

I think it's that shitty Western NY weather eating their brains...GET OUT NOW, PEOPLE!!! LOL

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!