Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:41 am

The one on the actual Coasting for Kids website is even weirder... what's with the silver (or is it a "transparent checkerboard"?) on 5 of the flags but not the 6th? But even the 6th is showing the weird stripe with the yellow.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby SbSteveZ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:04 pm

^ Quite interesting indeed. Looks like some fun with the Paint Bucket Tool could fix that easy peasy

Speaking of Coasting For Kids, does anyone know when registration typically opens? The website only says "park coming soon"
Last Coaster: Steel Vengeance @ Cedar Point
100TH COASTER: Steel Force @ Dorney Park
RIDE ON!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby DarienPoint » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:58 pm

SbSteveZ wrote:the orange logo they used for a month in the off season

Where is this logo? Don't think I've ever seen it.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

Postby SbSteveZ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:26 pm

Attached. They used it very briefly in 2012.

EDIT: if you check out this link you can see the comments attached to the logo as well, it’s funny - they seem to be quite similar to comments made recently about the logos the park has used in recent discussion here. https://www.facebook.com/Darienlake/photos/a.435001974636/10150517055589637/?type=3
3BE57B21-C377-44FE-8431-A270C7CF8878.jpeg
RIDE ON!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:17 am

SbSteveZ wrote:People even criticized Rolling Thunder’s logo directly to the person who created it - which was a complete shame.

Ah, good times! Really though, I didn’t mind any criticism. I just hope Six Flags doesn’t pull my logo and rebrand the ride around the Joker or something like that.

If they do, I hope they’ll let me take the portal sign off their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postby SbSteveZ » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 am

DougMJr wrote:
SbSteveZ wrote:People even criticized Rolling Thunder’s logo directly to the person who created it - which was a complete shame.

Ah, good times! Really though, I didn’t mind any criticism. I just hope Six Flags doesn’t pull my logo and rebrand the ride around the Joker or something like that.

That would be awesome if they indeed let you have your sign! Let’s hope they keep that name around for a while though it’s nice!

In other logo news (since I’m seemingly obsessed now), Six Flags Over Georgia has made a post with a similar logo, perhaps they’re rolling it out to a few different parks for 2019.
295E6A05-2B61-4C5A-BCFF-36266797D6E5.jpeg
RIDE ON!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm

DougMJr wrote:

Crikey, you're back DougMJr! I feel like its been a while since you've been on here.

Anyways, I do have to admit that I actually would not mind a Joker retheme for Rolling Thunder. It's already Green and Purple, after all.

However, what I hope for the most is Ride of Steel getting rethemed back to Superman and Mind Eraser being rethemed to Riddler just like SFNE did. That would be awesome if they gave the same treatment to Mind Eraser! :)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Sk610 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 pm

I will say that the logo with the roller coaster in the background is different and refreshing for SF.

I agree with theAmericanKnight that I hope SF does give some love to a few of the coasters that desperately need it. If they could rethemed Mind Eraser and add the new restraint system, it may make it actually rideable. They also need second trains all around

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dnn2031 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:36 am

Sounds like don't expect second trains on Pred or Viper this year. Some of the first parts for SkyScreamer have been sneaking in, though. Also Rolling Thunder should look a little different in its carriage as it's getting repartitioned into three sections instead of two.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wsixflags » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 am

here are the plans for the installation of sky screamer
http://co.genesee.ny.us/T-01-DAR-1-19.pdf

found on sfneonline.com

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!