Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am

PATTYCAKES wrote:So, correct me if I am wrong. You actually walked through the park with a propane tank and a lighter?

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 pm

With Darien Lake closing off Darien Square to non campers, what's going to happen to Tin Lizzys and Motorcoaster? Will they move said rides to another area of the park?

As for Twister, my prediction Twister is going away as well as the Pirate ship and Sleigh Ride.
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby rjr19 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:49 pm

DarienLaker wrote:With Darien Lake closing off Darien Square to non campers, what's going to happen to Tin Lizzys and Motorcoaster? Will they move said rides to another area of the park?

As for Twister, my prediction Twister is going away as well as the Pirate ship and Sleigh Ride.

Tin Lizzie’s isn’t in Darien Square, that can stay as is. Motocoaster on the other hand will need to be re-worked. I say just open up that red gate right next to Moto, just before Darien Square. While they’re at it, they could fix up that old red bridge over the Tin Lizzie’s and open that back up.

As for rides on the way out, I feel Sleigh Ride could be on it’s way out, as it looks very similar to how Raging Seas looked in its final years. Pirate has not opened once all year, and hasn’t swung as high as it used to in years. That could easily be replaced by a newer model, like the one at Seabreeze.

As for Twister, I’m not sure if that rid ewill be going. Although it is commonly closed, and doesn’t have a very great maintenance record, it recently got a mechanical overhaul, which is the one thing that makes me think it might last a bit longer. It wouldn’t make sense for all that time and money to be spent on getting a ride in good condition again just to close it in a year or two.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby Haymaker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:12 pm

PATTYCAKES wrote:So, correct me if I am wrong. You actually walked through the park with a propane tank and a lighter? Maybe that is another reason security is now required at the campers entrance. :mickey:

Lololol... as much as I hate this thread sometimes... all the time... sometimes you find the diamond in the rough ;)

That being said, as a kid the General Store was the secret to saving money. You could get a $15 footlong at Subway, or a $6.00 sub at the general store. $3.50 drink in the park, $1.28 icee at the general store. My cheap ass knew my way around back in the day, lol.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Sk610 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:02 pm

I am sure they have a plan for everything if they do close Darien Square off. My guess is that they really want the entrance to MotoCoaster visible inside the park, so maybe they do something with that red bridge to create a queue line by using that and then typing it in with the existing queue.

On the twister topic, I hope it stays, as it is a fun ride. I just think it's the victim of being put in a corner of the park that never truly got developed well. If they move Motocoaster's entrance or added another coaster back there by removing the go karts, you may see an increase in ridership for Twister. Thrill seekers are not walking all the way over there for just one flat ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:05 pm

^^ OMG, this is too good. :lmao: This thread is a f*cking train wreck. A train carrying propane and lighters.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby mgolwit21 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:32 pm

Omg I laughed way to f*cking hard at this!

Postby rjr19 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:40 pm

On a different note, I saw that the Flash Sale can get you a Gold Season Pass for $55. Is this my only opportunity to get a Gold Pass at that low of a rate or is it one of those “it’s never really full price and we just call it a sale to get people to buy it” sort of things? I want to ensure free parking (which you need a gold pass for) and want to know if I should buy it during the Flash Sale beginning Thursday or if I could wait until later. I’m just unfamiliar with the way Six Flags does their Season Pass sales.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:46 am

1) Keep in mind they require you to visit and process by the end of the season (Oct 28?) to get the gold perks. (they say that, but I've on multiple occasions had someone process after the deadline / the following year and still got gold)

2) If you plan on buying a dining pass it is also the cheapest you will get during the sale.

3) If I remember correctly they ALWAYS extend the sale by at least an extra day every year.

The price increases are not substantial after the sale is up but it will go up. However also keep in mind there is usually a buy 2 or buy 4 minimum passes to be able to get the gold upgrade, though, whereas the flash sale you can buy 1 or two passes for the discounted rate and still get gold.

Hope that helps. That's just based on previous years at other Six Flags parks, Darien Lake might be different. I have a really bad memory too so don't take everything at face value, lol.

Black Friday they typically do another big sale if I remember correctly where I think you don't need to process until Memorial Day ish the following year for gold perks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!