TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Sounds like don't expect second trains on Pred or Viper this year. Some of the first parts for SkyScreamer have been sneaking in, though. Also Rolling Thunder should look a little different in its carriage as it's getting repartitioned into three sections instead of two.

Any word on re-themes?

here are the plans for the installation of sky screamer

http://co.genesee.ny.us/T-01-DAR-1-19.pdf

found on sfneonline.com

If you read into this document far enough, there is a confirmation that Twister is leaving.

However, they are apparently putting it into storage, so there may be hope left for Twister returning elsewhere in the park.

Again, no... no there is not. Six Flags has been removing every single Top Spin (like EVERY SINGLE top spin) in the chain one at a time over the last few years and presumably using them for parts for Great Adventure’s ride which will probably join them on the scrap heap once they run out of free parts.

They are removing all of these things at an amazing rate and at no point have they relocated a single one of them. That ride’s fate was sealed as soon as Six Flags came in to operate the park.

On Page 16 of the plans of installation it marks that old bridge above Tin Lizzy's (which is labeled as Tin Izzy's ) as "covered pedestrian bridge," is it coming back?

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, that was just being used to point out landmarks in the area for reference. As nice as it would be to have a more scenic route to take again, why would they divert traffic away from their shiny new ride?

For what it’s worth it’s nice to see a new ride in the back corner of the park. It looks like it’s going to be a great addition at a great location. I’m glad Six Flags made the decision to bring a popular request to the park!

Sounds like don't expect second trains on Pred or Viper this year. Some of the first parts for SkyScreamer have been sneaking in, though. Also Rolling Thunder should look a little different in its carriage as it's getting repartitioned into three sections instead of two.

Any word on ANYTHING getting second trains for 2019??

Oh well, another year of waiting wayyy too long for the coasters

I thought that document was really cool. I know it sounds geeky, but it is interesting to see some of those schematic diagrams showing how they are using existing pieces and how the overall site plan looks.

I will not miss twister at all. It was down more than it was operating the past few years. I will however miss the little waterfall in front of it. I thought that was a nice bit of scenery. Maybe they will move it somewhere else

I will not miss twister at all. It was down more than it was operating the past few years. I will however miss the little waterfall in front of it. I thought that was a nice bit of scenery. Maybe they will move it somewhere else

I highly doubt they will relocate just the waterfall.

Again, no... no there is not. Six Flags has been removing every single Top Spin (like EVERY SINGLE top spin) in the chain one at a time over the last few years and presumably using them for parts for Great Adventure’s ride which will probably join them on the scrap heap once they run out of free parts.

They are removing all of these things at an amazing rate and at no point have they relocated a single one of them. That ride’s fate was sealed as soon as Six Flags came in to operate the park.

Also, I forgot about what Coasterbill mentioned. I guess this really is the end for Twister . On another note, anyone here think Pirate will also eventually get replaced?

It's really not as interesting as you think...

83b9e971b7e42c3a3caa3e683a4bd750.jpg

786e2c7fe49efa9a0d3f31dc475abf33.jpg

b91a9ac21e81e14d71b48c0ae3a2a39a.jpg

fe96e3d633d8b7c5fb7a2eb26b72688c.jpg

That’s great.

And don’t worry, Six Flags was never going to maintain the fountain either. They would let it dry up and then one day randomly 3 years from now maybe they’d fix it for like six days before it stopped working again and... well... repeat process. That’s how they roll.

Or maybe they’ll pull a Tantrum and reuse the existing situation. Use Twister’s queue and exit and keep the plaza with the fountain. You never know, if possible it would cut costs, which they are all for.

They are modifying the current cue and that’s about all that’s staying. If you look at the drawings the entire twister set up minus the queue is under the new ride’s location. No waterfall, front “plaza”, exit ramp or any of that will be remaining - based on the drawings provided

Or you can watch the not so weird version / Six Flags transformation commercial...

Also... this is some super excitement for Boomerang... lol...

My favorite part of the Six Flags transformation commercial is the "Don't miss the once in a lifetime magic as Darien Lake Transforms into Six Flags Darien Lake" as this happens for the second time in my lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...