TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^Like he said, Darien just got Tantrum

Darien Lake will get a Larson Super Loop or something from Skyline Attractions before they get another real coaster. You got at least 4 years, before the S&S Freespin (or whatever the popular midsize model is in vogue with SF in 4-5 years)

If you want to guess the next flat ride, start by looking at what is going into other SF parks. They are going to continue to negotiate in bulk for flat rides to drive savings.

^Like he said, Darien just got Tantrum

Darien Lake will get a Larson Super Loop or something from Skyline Attractions before they get another real coaster. You got at least 4 years, before the S&S Freespin (or whatever the popular midsize model is in vogue with SF in 4-5 years)

If you want to guess the next flat ride, start by looking at what is going into other SF parks. They are going to continue to negotiate in bulk for flat rides to drive savings.

DL already has a Super Loop

Next step for Six flags parks, all super loops should have a Skywarp going through the center. I don't know how it would work and it would probably be stupid, but you might as well put the "coasters" together.

(I really hope everyone knows I'm kidding about this, but it's the internet...)

My guess is that the next coaster at SFDL is one of three things.

1. Free Spin

2. RMC of Predator

3. RMC Raptor

With that being said, I do not expect them to get a coaster until at least 2021. I see either some sort of dark ride or a frisbee type of ride that appears to be very popular with SF recently first

My guess is that the next coaster at SFDL is one of three things.

1. Free Spin

2. RMC of Predator

3. RMC Raptor

With that being said, I do not expect them to get a coaster until at least 2021. I see either some sort of dark ride or a frisbee type of ride that appears to be very popular with SF recently first

I frequently receive Six Flags surveys. The last one regarding Darien Lake, showed numerous pictures and asked my various opinions of Dive coasters.

Yes, SFDL will most likely not be getting a Dive Coaster anytime soon. SF separates their parks by size and overall revenue generation. The big park like SFMM, SFGAm, SFGAd, SFOT tend to get the big attractions while the middle and smaller parks get other types of attractions.

To guage what SFDL may get in the future, look towards parks like SFA, SFDK and SFFT. Their recent additions will most likely be SFDL's next additions

Darien Lake's operating schedule was just released!

I know it was completely expected by all, but there is the name change for 2019 that it seems like many were waiting for

They've been added to the map on the six flags website too. However the Darien Lake site isn't updated yet, probably soon though. Getting closer.

I know it was completely expected by all, but there is the name change for 2019 that it seems like many were waiting for

They've been added to the map on the six flags website too. However the Darien Lake site isn't updated yet, probably soon though. Getting closer.

Probably some time in 2019 I'd imagine.

No rush at the moment as there probably aren't many people who aren't on this site who are thinking about amusement parks in New York at this time of year

Completely expected because SF said it would be.

Darien Lake doesn't have any IPs so why would they rush to re-brand anything?

If they do anything like re-brand the kids area or Superman I expect that to be part of (or all of) Darien Lake's late Summer announcement one year so they can try to monetize it and pass old things off as new.

Six Flags doesn't do anything that costs them money if they can't market / monetize it. If they re-brand something then they'll make a big deal out of it (as any competent company would).

^ that’s one of the reasons I’ve thought the “Bizarro” retheme of RoS would be plausible. Get the new gen trains, paint the ride purple and ta-da! New ride. Probably for the same if not a similar cost than a new flat ride like some 250’ tall swings? Maybe?

Again it’s more than likely a pipe dream but it feels like something that’s just crazy enough, that Six Flags May just do it (or something like it). Basically - why would they invest in a second train that everyone obsesses over, if they can’t market it (kinda similar to what Bill said).

The much less hopeful and also fairly likely thing they could do, slap a Superman logo on the lead car and put some others around the station and ride entry and there ya go, Superman hath returned.

^ that’s one of the reasons I’ve thought the “Bizarro” retheme of RoS would be plausible. Get the new gen trains, paint the ride purple and ta-da! New ride. Probably for the same if not a similar cost than a new flat ride like some 250’ tall swings? Maybe?

Again it’s more than likely a pipe dream but it feels like something that’s just crazy enough, that Six Flags May just do it (or something like it). Basically - why would they invest in a second train that everyone obsesses over, if they can’t market it (kinda similar to what Bill said).

The much less hopeful and also fairly likely thing they could do, slap a Superman logo on the lead car and put some others around the station and ride entry and there ya go, Superman hath returned.

I believe Ride of Steel already has a second-gen fiberglass train that was purchased in 2016. I honetly can't see Six Flags letting their signature attraction there only have one train. If they weren't going to theme it back to DC, they might as well have kept it "Darien Lake: A Six Flags Theme Park" for another year. I say Superman returns in 2019 with a new train, but no paint.

I got kind of annoyed when I saw they didn't have a 2nd train several years ago, and it was one of the many reason's I stopped buying season passes. Now they are never really that busy, and it doesn't bother me that much any more. Plus I have gotten used to it. I would believe having two trains, might help Darien Lake pick attendance up. They may re-theme the park, the ride and such eventually, but you can only do so much in one off-season I think. It may not be on the top of their priority list.

I honetly can't see Six Flags letting their signature attraction there only have one train.

The exact clone of this ride at another Six Flags park would like a word with you. While I'm told that it technically has a second train (though that might just be an urban legend) it's rarely even on the transfer track and reports of it actually using both at the same time generally only pop up once every few years. Personally I've never even seen it.

You can't see a small market Six Flags park operating one train on a major attraction? Really? That's like saying you can't see a small market Wal Mart operating with only one cash register open.

The exact clone of this ride at another Six Flags park would like a word with you. While I'm told that it technically has a second train (though that might just be an urban legend) it's rarely even on the transfer track and reports of it actually using both at the same time generally only pop up once every few years. Personally I've never even seen it.

I am really not at all surprised about that. Six Flags America has around the same attendance numbers if I am not mistaken.

Also, would it really be that hard to retheme Ride of Steel back to Superman? They don't even have to repaint it to pass it off as a Superman themed ride. To Paraphrase what someone said on the last page, all they have to do is slap some Superman logos around the station and on the front of the train, and then change the sign on the front to a new Superman related name. That... and more cheaply made Superman merch in the gift shop lol

Also, would it really be that hard to retheme Ride of Steel back to Superman? They don't even have to repaint it to pass it off as a Superman themed ride. To Paraphrase what someone said on the last page, all they have to do is slap some Superman logos around the station and on the front of the train, and then change the sign on the front to a new Superman related name. That... and more cheaply made Superman merch in the gift shop lol

I didn't say they wouldn't do it (I'm almost certain that they eventually will), I just said they probably wouldn't do it without making a big deal out of it and possibly including it in Six Flags announcement day.

That said, I don't know why anyone cares.

I didn't say they wouldn't do it (I'm almost certain that they eventually will), I just said they probably wouldn't do it without making a big deal out of it and possibly including it in Six Flags announcement day.

That said, I don't know why anyone cares.

It keeps being brought up, so obviously some people care....just saying.