Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: Raptoradrian344 and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby PATTYCAKES » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:36 am

That one prop actually looks better than many of the props at Wonderland. Very cool. Darien Lake has just received over 30 years experience from Fright Fest. When Cedar Fair took over Canada's Wonderland, we received over 40 years experience from Halloween Haunt. Our Halloween events have been awesome ever since and Darien Lake's Halloween events will always be very awesome too now. Congratulations! I am going to Six Flags Darien Lake Fright Fest next year for sure. It still seems very strange just writing that. I just can't wait!
:mickey:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:31 am

PATTYCAKES wrote:Darien Lake's Halloween events will always be very awesome too now. Congratulations!

Nothing brings the awesome like Six Flags Fright Fest.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SbSteveZ » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:59 am

coasterbill wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:Darien Lake's Halloween events will always be very awesome too now. Congratulations!

Nothing brings the awesome like Six Flags Fright Fest.

Anything is better than the poor excuse for a Fall event the park has had for the past several years. For most Darien Lake visitors, this will be a "very awesome" event. It's not HHN - obviously. But its probably the best local haunt attraction WNY will have. Unless you prefer abandoned stores being converted into haunted houses for a few weeks each year.
Last Coaster: Steel Vengeance @ Cedar Point
100TH COASTER: Steel Force @ Dorney Park
RIDE ON!

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:01 am

SbSteveZ wrote:Unless you prefer abandoned stores being converted into haunted houses for a few weeks each year.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SbSteveZ » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:41 am

^ A fair and valid opinion. I've worked with people who used to design those houses (specifically the Haunted Catacombs) and they do a very nice job depending on which house you go to.

My opinion is that I prefer the atmosphere of an amusement park in the fall, and with Fright Fest bringing operation at Darien Lake through the end of October, plus having new attractions included in the event, I am all for it! Even if it is just a Six Flags Fright Fest.

Long story short, for me anything is better than the Harvest Festival they have been having the past few years. The "magic show" they had last year (or perhaps the year before) was atrocious, and the hay ride around a closed camping loop was not exactly the "fall fun" I was hoping for, certainly not after waiting more than 30 minutes for it - which was probably the longest line in the park when we went.
Last Coaster: Steel Vengeance @ Cedar Point
100TH COASTER: Steel Force @ Dorney Park
RIDE ON!

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:53 am

I agree with that last part. It's a fun atmosphere. I've given up on Six Flags houses though. They're always an upcharge and they're (generally) absolutely awful. Maybe Darien Lake's will be better than a park like Great Adventure where they know an astronomical amount of people will show up regardless of how insultingly terrible their haunt mazes are. I guess at Darien Lake they still need to prove themselves, plus they have very few houses so it should be easier to staff them.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby john10693 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Bill, It's still Darien Lake and it's still Six Flags. Please don't get sucked into the DL thread vortex of misbelief.

Postby alilstronger » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Every haunted house I have went through at an amusement park was TERRIBLE (Six Flags America, Six Flags Great Adventure, Dorney, Kings Dominion, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas). Yes, the themeing was awesome but they were not scary at all. They send way too many people through at once. I have already had the argument that due to the sheer volume of the people they have to. No, they do not. There are lots of haunted attractions in the PA, MD, DE, VA area that send you through with your group - sending a group every few moments. There are many haunts that just stay open until everyone has went through or they close with a disclaimer that you may not make it through every attraction if you do not get there early enough. Some of these haunts get to 3 hours waits too.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby DarienPoint » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:40 pm

How much will the haunted houses be for Fright Fest?
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Haymaker » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:13 am

Campground is pretty busy this weekend

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!