Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks for the update, Chuck. Looking good so far.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:23 am

TyRush wrote:I think InvadR is going to be one of the underdogs this year that makes a big impact.

To be fair (barring Mean Streak somehow being a 2017 attraction), right now the 3 biggest coasters coming to the U.S. next year are this, another mid sized GCI and a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter thing at the Jersey Shore. It's really not even much of an underdog... there's basically no competition here. :lol:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:25 am

^That is a good point.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am

coasterbill wrote:
TyRush wrote:I think InvadR is going to be one of the underdogs this year that makes a big impact.

To be fair (barring Mean Streak somehow being a 2017 attraction), right now the 3 biggest coasters coming to the U.S. next year are this, another mid sized GCI and a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter thing at the Jersey Shore. It's really not even much of an underdog... there's basically no competition here. :lol:

Very true actually. As of now it would be the 2nd best most likely :lmao:
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:40 am

Yeah to use the word underdog is to suggest there is a ton of competition and Bill is totally right, there is not. I have been saying its gonna be the sleeper hit of 2017 because I truly think this is gonna be an airtime machine and have been saying that since it was announced. I really think its gonna take people by surprise. I am more excited about this than any other coaster though admittedly that partially has to do with the park its in.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:11 am

I'm curious to see the finished theming for InvadR. What they've done so far looks pretty good.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:17 am

coasterbill wrote:

Unfortunately this is so true. It is a great year for smaller coasters to get some attention at least!

I wouldn't consider Mystic Timbers to be mid-size though. If I am correct it will be the tallest GCI in the country and what, third tallest ever built? In a park like Kings Island and being compared to The Beast I guess would make it mid-size.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:20 pm

It seems like a small addition due to several factors. It is true that it seems small because of being compared to The Beast. Also, Kings Island has added three large coasters since 2007: a flying coaster, a hyper coaster, and the largest inverted coaster. Most people would consider all of the last three to be among the top five coasters in the park. (As much as Firehawk gets a lot of unneseccary hate, IMO). Compared to the last three additions, a GCI seems small, even if this would be a huge announcement at 80% of other parks.

With the scope of attractions we are used to seeing KI add, it would seem more in character for them to add a prefab or a custom RMC. But, a GCI will still be a good ride.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:40 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:It seems like a small addition due to several factors. It is true that it seems small because of being compared to The Beast. Also, Kings Island has added three large coasters since 2007: a flying coaster, a hyper coaster, and the largest inverted coaster. Most people would consider all of the last three to be among the top five coasters in the park. (As much as Firehawk gets a lot of unneseccary hate, IMO). Compared to the last three additions, a GCI seems small, even if this would be a huge announcement at 80% of other parks.

With the scope of attractions we are used to seeing KI add, it would seem more in character for them to add a prefab or a custom RMC. But, a GCI will still be a good ride.

I was unaware that Busch Gardens Williamsburg was somehow "competing" with a theme park in Ohio. Please try to stay on topic.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:22 am

Oh my god those trains...

From Coaster Chit Chat

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!