Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby borisdag » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:03 am

Sesame Street? whaaaaa---?

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby palmerleeberry » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:54 am

"Oh let the speculations begin!"

Here's one country to consider: Greece.

Why not? Greece is an European counrty and the area describe in article is near Escape from Pompeii attraction which would tie in nicely with the theming.
I''m not perfect; I just love to ride!!! :airtime: :airtimer:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby bgeguy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:49 pm

I'm betting on Sesame Street.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby virginiansasquach » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:38 pm

I hope its not a sesame street area. Personally i believe they need some new coasters considering the difference in number between europe and africa. A possibility could be that they could build part of it underground should they put in a coaster but thats unlikely due to the increased costs especially after building the griffon not that long ago. Now this doesn't rule out the possibility of a coaster even with the 60 ft limit. The could introduce a wild mouse coaster or a smaller wooden coaster. Height isn't a limit to coasters. After all just north at kings dominion you have the avalanche at only 56 ft 6 in.

As for possible areas besides sesame street i have two ideas although they are very unlikely. Despite the fact that only a small portion of Russia and Turkey are in Europe with the majority in Asia it could be possible for these two areas to be added. Of the 2 I would have to chose Russia as the most likely. Since they call for buildings it could be possible for them to make a mostly inclosed air conditioned part to represent the coldness of russia. However i must say that a more likely area would be spain.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:36 am

^I imagine BGE will coast on Griffon for another season or two. And while a new kid's area doesn't do much for me, it's probably a good move for the park (KD actually has more extensive offerings for small fry). My coworkers who have children often complain that the park could use more stuff for kids (especially after sacrificing the Le Mans Raceway for Griffon). Using the Sesame Street characters would make sense, too.

Time will tell.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:40 am

^I agree, bring on Sesame Street this year. It's not like BGE was getting a coaster this year anyway.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:47 am

borisdag wrote:Sesame Street? whaaaaa---?

Why not Sesame Street? Busch owns Sesame Place, so they have all of that worked out. I don't know how it would tie into the European theme, but hey, any kids area is a plus.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:21 am

Passmember preview is this Sunday (Mar 16) they might be offering some info on the new area then.

I'll at least take some photos of the proposed area.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:30 am

^I wouldn't expect much, being as Busch just applied for the permits. They may have started clearing out the old walls and animal pens, but probably not much more than that.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby virginiansasquach » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Hercules wrote:
borisdag wrote:Sesame Street? whaaaaa---?

Why not Sesame Street? Busch owns Sesame Place, so they have all of that worked out. I don't know how it would tie into the European theme, but hey, any kids area is a plus.

well each country does have their own sesame street. While doubtful they could make it an international type of sesame street with all the different puppets from the different countries

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!