Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:52 pm

How long does the line for Verbolten tend to be on average during Christmastown? It seems like the event is mostly geared towards families with very young kids so I'm wondering if the line isn't too much worse than during the normal season. It'd be awesome if they ran Alpengeist simply because of the theming, but I wouldn't mind settling for a few laps on Verbolten (a ride I actually enjoy more). Great reports, the lighting display looks beautiful!

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:03 pm

p-sychiatrist wrote:How long does the line for Verbolten tend to be on average during Christmastown? It seems like the event is mostly geared towards families with very young kids so I'm wondering if the line isn't too much worse than during the normal season. It'd be awesome if they ran Alpengeist simply because of the theming, but I wouldn't mind settling for a few laps on Verbolten (a ride I actually enjoy more). Great reports, the lighting display looks beautiful!

When I was there last Friday night, the line was barely out of the station; then again, the temp was 39 degrees F.
Last edited by cfc on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:03 pm.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:23 pm

It was a very busy night at Christmas Town. The temperature was in the high 50s, so a lot of people came (they had to use the Scotland parking lot).

Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:58 am

It's been so warm in Williamsburg this week that they had to suspend the ice show. Looks like it'll be cold enough tonight, though (highs in the 50s, lows in the 40s).

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:55 pm

http://wtvr.com/2015/12/22/busch-gardens-christmastown-traffic/

I guess they are having very large crowds! Had to close the park due to capacity. Can't even imagine how awful traffic was and how it was effected on the highway. I feel bad for people who weren't going to the park but still stuck in traffic.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:52 am

Let the speculation begin.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:04 am

There's only one response to BGW's "teaser" videos.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:40 am

In the words of John Arnold in Jurassic Park....Hold on to your butts!

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:21 am

It looks like they're actually attempting a teaser campaign after the embarrassment of Tempesto. :Pr Good for them though, I'm already interested! I feel like they have met their quota of adult steel coasters. I'm going to cross my fingers for a custom wood RMC similar to Outlaw Run, Lightning Rod, or Wildfire!! :b

I'm assuming it's a coaster based off one person saying "the drop will go over here" in the video. :br

Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:42 pm

chickenbowl wrote:I'm going to cross my fingers for a custom wood RMC similar to Outlaw Run, Lightning Rod, or Wildfire!!

They left a hammer on the table, which would certainly be necessary to build a wooden coaster...
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS