Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1086:Christmas Town opens!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 23 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks for the report, Chuck!

Christmas Town looks like it keeps getting better every year. Now if they could open up a few more coasters, that would be uber nice. I have never been on any of the coasters at BGW at night and would imagine that any of them would be a blast - especially in the colder weather.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Darn, wrong side of the continent for me. :sad:

Everything looks so beautiful, Chuck.
Great way to enjoy the holiday season.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Loved all the photos, and I really loved the captions.

cfc wrote:. . . with really big balls.

cfc wrote:"Sit on me! I dare you!"

cfc wrote:. . . Of course, you may take an unexpected detour and never return, but what a bargain.

Thanks for all the great photos, and the laughs! :)
Bigger is not always better.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Philrad71 wrote:Christmas Town looks like it keeps getting better every year. Now if they could open up a few more coasters, that would be uber nice. I have never been on any of the coasters at BGW at night and would imagine that any of them would be a blast - especially in the colder weather.

Couldn't agree more. Christmas Town is great, but it would be nice to open another coaster or two like Nessie or Alpengeist, especially since it's already snow themed. I guess the lack of coasters being open is due to maintenance, weather and staffing so it's kinda understandable. I went to Christmas Town last year and was able to marathon Verbolten since it was raining and it was a complete walk-on. The Christmas trees at the bottom of the last drop was a nice touch as well.

Postby coasterbill » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:07 am

Dat Polar Bear Bench Doe

Oh and great pictures as usual.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:15 am

mike541x wrote:
Philrad71 wrote:Christmas Town looks like it keeps getting better every year. Now if they could open up a few more coasters, that would be uber nice. I have never been on any of the coasters at BGW at night and would imagine that any of them would be a blast - especially in the colder weather.

Couldn't agree more. Christmas Town is great, but it would be nice to open another coaster or two like Nessie or Alpengeist, especially since it's already snow themed. I guess the lack of coasters being open is due to maintenance, weather and staffing so it's kinda understandable. I went to Christmas Town last year and was able to marathon Verbolten since it was raining and it was a complete walk-on. The Christmas trees at the bottom of the last drop was a nice touch as well.

The ultimate irony: I was at Busch Gardens one spring day when it actually snowed. Alpengeist, the ski-area-chair-lift-themed coaster, couldn't run then, either, thanks to the weather. B&Ms, I understand, can't be operated when the temperature is under 42 degrees.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:26 am

^Unless you're at Great Adventure. They'll run hose puppies in anything :evil:
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

My other car is a carnival ride

Postby strz » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:41 am

Last edited by strz on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:43 am.

My other car is a carnival ride

Postby strz » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:42 am

SFGA has 5 of their 6 B&M's running right now (not running Bizarro b/c that portion of the park isn't open for their Holiday in the Park)....and it was in the 30's last night!

Postby coasterbill » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:45 am

Yeah parks seem to differ slightly on the limit. For example BGW is 42, Dollywood won't start the coasters if it's above 40 and will run them until it's below 36 and Carowinds won't start most of their coasters below 40.

But yeah at Great Adventure they won't even let 30 degree temps rain (or I guess snow) on their B&M parade. And the best part was that not only were the coasters running but they were filling trains. The coasters were running great too, Nitro's trims were still hitting even at the end of the night which they don't always do on cold / windy days and Batman was (obviously) tearing through the course all day.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!