Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:20 pm

As part of the chains aggressive, never-ending effort to keep losing money the ride won't be offered on Quick Queue at all. It sounds like they'll have Plinko but no option to actually buy a skip the line pass.
Source

Just Kidding!

Postby coastercrzyjames » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Wow, loved the opening day photos Chuck. As always BGW looks amazing, even when all the foliage is still dormant. Having ridden it's west coast brother, Tempesto should be a great new addition for the park and a very solid launched coaster. I might actually make it out to the park within the next week and a half, still don't know my upcoming itinerary. However if I don't, that just means I'll have to come later in the season when a new credit is available. As always, I love photo TRs of BGW, one of the most beautiful parks I've been to, and in true Busch Gardens fashion a nice solid coaster line-up.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:39 pm

coasterbill wrote:As part of the chains aggressive, never-ending effort to keep losing money the ride won't be offered on Quick Queue at all. It sounds like they'll have Plinko but no option to actually buy a skip the line pass.
Source

I think their reason for not putting Tempesto on Quick Queue is because the lines will be long enough as they are, and QQ users would just make it even worse.
Last edited by VF15 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:16 am.
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:08 pm

Any woodie, RMC or otherwise should be the next coaster here. I have a feeling Tempesto's capacity will only be this "nightmare" we all fear during this season. And who knows? Maybe the low capacity is the reason the ride was never hyped up in the media like most new attractions are.
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mark549 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:36 pm

I hope they put accelerometers on Tem Pesto. BGW is the only place I've seen them installed on coasters (the three Beemers all have them) and it's amusing to watch during the ride. Tem Pesto's prototype in California has strong airtime going up and coming down the vertical spikes, so this model is likely to have even stronger airtime due to the longer train. Twice the ride of Apollo in half the time.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Derek_Zoolander » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:39 am

mark549 wrote:Twice the ride of Apollo in half the time.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:48 am

mark549 wrote:Twice the ride of Apollo in half the time.

I'm fairly certain that I would still prefer riding Apollo's Chariot than Tempesto. There's nothing wrong with Tempesto, but it's just not my kind of coaster.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:09 am

I can understand why they wouldn't want it on Quick Queue, but it's too bad that BGW doesn't seem to like single-rider lines (they haven't used them on Apollo's Chariot or Griffon for a few years now).

The Daily Press (Newport News) posted a nice gallery of BGW photos: http://www.dailypress.com/visuals/photography/dp-news-bgw-lookback-photogallery-photogallery.html. It's always fun to look back and see how a park developed over the years.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks for sweet trip report updating us on the worst kept secret at BGW. ;) But in all seriousness BGW has to be loving it. They spent almost next to nothing on the promotion of this ride, just let enthusiasts and others speculate about it for free and it will probably have the same effect as a full blown marketing campaign but much cheaper. But more importantly Chuck, can you tell us more about the Ghirardelli chocolate you mentioned? Will there be a new Ghirardelli shop? Or are they just going to feature Ghirardelli chocolate at places all over the park where food is already sold?

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:15 am

BGW just went up for 5 spots on my bucket list because of Ghirardelli :lover:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!