Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: hendrixmarshalljames and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What I do and who I am

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby pianojohn » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:19 am

cfc wrote:Speaking of Tempesto . . .

Busch Gardens Passholder Preview Day 2015

The Festhaus's two shows, Entwined and This is Oktoberfest, are being replaced with something called Roll Out the Barrel.

On the bright side they are FINALLY closing that train wreck Entwined and I REALLY hope the new Festhaus show celebrates the heritage and pure fun that This is Oktoberfest was. However, since the majority of the Entertainment staff was laid off a few months ago, I am not holding my breath.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:32 am

pianojohn wrote:
cfc wrote:Speaking of Tempesto . . .

Busch Gardens Passholder Preview Day 2015

The Festhaus's two shows, Entwined and This is Oktoberfest, are being replaced with something called Roll Out the Barrel.

On the bright side they are FINALLY closing that train wreck Entwined and I REALLY hope the new Festhaus show celebrates the heritage and pure fun that This is Oktoberfest was. However, since the majority of the Entertainment staff was laid off a few months ago, I am not holding my breath.

Entwined, in either of its iterations, was pretty bad, and the abbreviated This is Oktoberfest they offered in the evenings wasn't exactly pulling people in. The park did redeem itself a bit with Monster Stomp on Ripper Row at Howl-o-Scream and Scrooge No More during Christmas Town (London Rocks wasn't bad, either). I did think it was interesting that what appears to be a new show in the Festhaus wasn't even mentioned during the presentation.
Last edited by cfc on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:33 am.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:07 am

I agree with the statement that Temptesto looks way better from inside the park than outside. I can't wait until the station is built and they add the theming an landscaping. I'm sure it'll look great.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby MagnumFreak25 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:28 am

Wow, looks a lot better than I thought it would. Hopefully the landscape will pull everything together. I'm not sure how big of a problem the capacity will be. How crowded does the park get anyway? CP is able to get away with Wicked Twister, so it seems like a less crowded park could get away with this.
Top 10:
El Toro, Boulder Dash, Magnum, Phantom, Maverick, Goliath (SFOG), Millenium, Nitro, Dragster, Storm Runner

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:36 am

MagnumFreak25 wrote:Wow, looks a lot better than I thought it would. Hopefully the landscape will pull everything together. I'm not sure how big of a problem the capacity will be. How crowded does the park get anyway? CP is able to get away with Wicked Twister, so it seems like a less crowded park could get away with this.

From my experience, while BGW isn't nearly as consistently crowded as Cedar Point, it can still draw some large crowds on busier days. Keep in mind, however, that Cedar Point has almost three times as many coasters as BGW, and Wicked Twister probably isn't even in the top third in popularity at the park. Its train also carries almost twice as many riders as Tempesto's.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 am

I'm so glad to have one of these sky rocket clones so close to me! They look really fun for how short they are (track-length wise I mean).
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mossed » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:55 am

Password121 wrote:
MagnumFreak25 wrote:Wow, looks a lot better than I thought it would. Hopefully the landscape will pull everything together. I'm not sure how big of a problem the capacity will be. How crowded does the park get anyway? CP is able to get away with Wicked Twister, so it seems like a less crowded park could get away with this.

From my experience, while BGW isn't nearly as consistently crowded as Cedar Point, it can still draw some large crowds on busier days. Keep in mind, however, that Cedar Point has almost three times as many coasters as BGW, and Wicked Twister probably isn't even in the top third in popularity at the park. Its train also carries almost twice as many riders as Tempesto's.

Wicked Twister used to be my go to coaster at Cedar Point. Never had a line so you could ride it over and over again. Adding GateKeeper, and the continued improvements of that midway have changed that. Still not hugely popular, but no longer a walk on. :( Back when Cedar Point used to give those front of the line passes, I was marathoning Wicked Twister with my cousin when it broke down. They gave everyone in line those passes, and we got to bypass an almost two hour wait at Millennium Force. All for a walk on.

As for Tempesto, it looks a lot better than I thought it would. I'm sure it's going to be a fun ride, but the line is going to be brutal.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:31 pm

^But will Tempesto's line be as brutal as the line at the new ice cream parlor? ;)

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Derek_Zoolander » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:07 pm

cfc wrote:^But will Tempesto's line be as brutal as the line at the new ice cream parlor? ;)

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot&play=true

I've spoken my peace about Tempesto, and putting my optimist goggles on, perhaps in a couple of years things will normalize and capacity won't be such a nightmare once Manby realizes what this park truly needs is an RMC woodie. Should I start a letter-writing campaign?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Derek_Zoolander wrote: Should I start a letter-writing campaign?

Do you have friends in Kingsmill?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!