Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:15 pm

^I think they're still selling the model coaster trains for around $30, but I'm not positive.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby zachclarke2 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Coasterdynamix has been out of the park for several years now. Not sure what's going on with the company but they very rarely have anything in stock, and when they do it's all gone extremely fast. Either Busch didn't renew their order for the trains or CD discontinued their shipments to the park, but regardless they are not there anymore. The only ones I've seen recently in any parks are the I305 trains at KD, and I believe Cedar Point still carries them for Millennium and Maverick (Dragster, Raptor, and Gatekeeper have all been discontinued to my knowledge). Jack from Coasterdynamix has a forum account on here but I'm doubtful he'll see this post or respond.
Check out my photography! ----------> click
And my videos! ----------> click

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 am

^Come to think of it, I haven't noticed the train models at BGW for a while, either (but have seen them at KD).

Meanwhile, getting back to Christmas Town, who else is planning to go this year? I'm definitely heading back to try that gingerbread IPA at the bar in England and to sample more of their holiday fare.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Nozzy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:49 am

cfc wrote:^Come to think of it, I haven't noticed the train models at BGW for a while, either (but have seen them at KD).

Meanwhile, getting back to Christmas Town, who else is planning to go this year? I'm definitely heading back to try that gingerbread IPA at the bar in England and to sample more of their holiday fare.

As nice as you made that seasonal temperature sound for Friday night, I think I'll be going this afternoon/evening to take advantage of the un-winter-like 60 degree day! I need to verify if the excellent holiday dessert pretzels and fresh fried donuts have made their return! Of course, if I really am looking for my dreams to be fulfilled, could they possibly make a cinnamon sugar pretzel wrapped bacon...

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:38 am

^The donuts are definitely back, but I'm not sure about the pretzels--another good reason to return. ;)

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:29 pm

First of all, thanks for the update as always Chuck.

I love how BGW takes the worst looking area of the park and makes it the best looking Christmas area of the park during ChristmasTown. I'm talking about Holiday Hills of course.

Also, I'm not so sure how I feel about the hanging garland around England's clock during the day (looks cheap), but at night I like the use of white lights on the clock and in the area much more than the colored lights.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Intimidator305 wrote:
Also, I'm not so sure how I feel about the hanging garland around England's clock during the day (looks cheap), but at night I like the use of white lights on the clock and in the area much more than the colored lights.

I've found that most Christmas decorations look like crap during the day, when you can see all those wires. But at night, they look good.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:59 pm

I don't really care for the location they chose for the new Coaster. It feels like it was just thrown in there.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby mudvayneimn » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:04 am

Wow, It's amazing how easy that color combination can go from quite nice to....eh.

Getting Orange supports to not look unappealing can be pretty difficult.
There are only two knowns in life...you were born. and you are going to die. I say F*uck that, lets ride a coaster! :lmao:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coasterbear30 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:08 am

As for the Statix trains, I was at BGW in October and was looking for the Griffon train as it is one I am missing from my collection and I asked several shops and no one had it. I also looked for 305 at KD and they didn't seem to have any of those either. If someone has one of these they would be interested in selling or know where I can get either one, please let me know!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!