Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 am

GwaziBSRider1 wrote:^ Definitely odd. I wish they'd just go ahead and announce it already. I just hope they don't choose the Tempesto name. It sounds like a pasta dish.

Hey, why not sell "Tempesto" at the Italian restaurant and tie it to the new ride? ;)

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:55 am

tarheel1231 wrote:With B&M's track record for being reliable, you'd think they'd be able to build something to handle cold weather.

How does this have anything to do with reliability? You're probably not going to find a full circuit coaster anywhere that can handle anything in the 40° area... I know off hand that parks HAVE tried to make it work. Millennium Force used to have heaters that warmed up the wheels while it was sitting in the station. They were still ineffective because by the time the train made it to the top of the lift, the wheels were cold again. Nothing short of installing heaters IN the train itself, there's not anything you can do about weather to make roller coasters run better. I can't even imagine how much that would cost...
~Signature~

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:09 am

coasterlover420 wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:With B&M's track record for being reliable, you'd think they'd be able to build something to handle cold weather.

How does this have anything to do with reliability? You're probably not going to find a full circuit coaster anywhere that can handle anything in the 40° area...

I know I've said this a lot lately but Great Adventure runs their coasters in seemingly any temperature including temperatures way below 40 degrees. There must be a cut-off somewhere but I've never seen them hit it so some coasters can run in colder temperatures.

You're still right though, coasters being able to run in cold temperatures has nothing to do with the manufacturer's track record for reliability.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:12 am

You also have to factor in that not too many people would be willing to play "freeze out" on a coaster, outside of the enthusiast community.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:40 am

Yeah, that's pretty cold to be riding a coaster. I'd give it a ride if I needed the credit, but that's pretty cold to have the wind whipping at your face.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:01 pm

^Try riding the Big Bad Wolf while it's snowing some day (well, if you still could ride it, that is). Talk about "brain freeze" . . . definitely an error in judgment on my part. ;)

Getting back to the new coaster, I was driving by the park today and noticed two cranes: one in a parking lot and the other underneath Apollo's Chariot.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:04 pm

^ i visited in September and I think those cranes were in the process of being installed. I its an odd placement for such a premier coaster if the rumors are true but i suppose its decent enough and it gives the park another credit. Really think the park could use a solid intamin prefab woody or rmc coaster. It would balance out the collection and bring something new and interesting to the area, also give i305 some competition.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:27 pm

I have this feeling that BGW is adding this for a) on a budget or b)for the sake of adding a coaster. This would go great at another park like Six Flags America, Darien Lake, The Great Escape, Michigan's Adventure, but NOT a high capacity park like BGW.
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:53 am

I'll be at Christmas Town the 6th and possibly 7th of December so hopefully I can get an update on the new coaster.

Speaking of Christmas Town, it'll be my first time back since their first year (2009), anything that I must check out while I'm there?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:16 am

Hopefully they will be announcing the ride at IAAPA
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!