Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Brassinthegrass » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:15 am

Has anyone seen any progress on the new ride? Also, has it even been announced yet?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby chae1240 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Okay... I've seen these replies about rides not running under low temperatures.
So, I was planning on visiting BGW between Dec 20~Dec 31 with some of my friends. We were talking about how we were gonna have fun on all those signature rides such as Apollo's Chariot and Griffon, but after reading the comments, I have a feeling that we might have to change the direction of the trip.

So.. if we were visiting for rides, would you guys suggest not to go in that particular season? Is there no possibility at all that all the rides will operate?

Thanks guys!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby mhuffva » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:48 am

chae1240 wrote:Okay... I've seen these replies about rides not running under low temperatures.
So, I was planning on visiting BGW between Dec 20~Dec 31 with some of my friends. We were talking about how we were gonna have fun on all those signature rides such as Apollo's Chariot and Griffon, but after reading the comments, I have a feeling that we might have to change the direction of the trip.

So.. if we were visiting for rides, would you guys suggest not to go in that particular season? Is there no possibility at all that all the rides will operate?

Thanks guys!

As Chuck and others have explained, Christmas Town is more focused on the Holiday. It is about the park atmosphere, shows, food, and shopping. Rides are secondary in this event. The park "tries" to have at least one major coaster open and some flats running, depending on the weather. Operating hours are from 2 pm to either 9 or 10 at night. Most of the event happens after the sun has gone down (only 2-3 hours of daylight).

During this time of the year in Virginia, we can have daytime temps as high as in the 60's-70's and lows in the 40's. On the flip side, we can get temps in the 30's-40's during the day and teen's-20's at night. Our weather is really fickle and can change quickly.

So I guess it comes down to your expectations; if you expect Christmas Town to be normal ride operations for the park, like in the spring, summer, and fall, then this would not be a good time to visit. If you want to visit to enjoy the beauty and seasonal offerings from the park, with whatever rides are open as a bonus, then you should go.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 am

The only coaster they'll attempt to open is Verbolten per the park's ride list.

If you're looking for a Christmas event where all rides will be running I'd recommend a road trip to Dollywood, which is within a day's drive of BGW.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:58 am

Hard to believe that Christmas Town opens in less than two weeks (November 21). Seems like Howl-o-Scream just ended; however, I am looking forward to a nice prime rib sandwich at the Festhaus. ;)

I go to furry parties, I'm probably a brony too...

Postby tarheel1231 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:53 am

I think BGW will announce Tempesto soon now that it's closer to IAAPA.
I'm done.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:15 am

Eh, I feel like Premier would mention that they're working on "a project" for the park off-handedly at the show. I wouldn't expect some grand announcement along the lines of Antarctica last year.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:54 am

It does seem a bit odd that BGW has "sat" on any new ride announcement for so long; in the past, they've revealed something during Passholder Appreciation Weekend (this was how they handled Mach Tower and Verbolten).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:53 am

^ Definitely odd. I wish they'd just go ahead and announce it already. I just hope they don't choose the Tempesto name. It sounds like a pasta dish.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:06 am

Forget the lack of announcement over the obvious coaster instillation, when do we get to Vote on more new booths for their food and wine festival? :b

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!