Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Very cool. Now if they succeed with this one, perhaps a
Busch Gardens-to-the-Moon-And-Back Coaster is not far behind?

;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CardCraze » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:03 am

Howl-O-Scream site is up, doesn't look like anything has really changed from last year apart from a new "terror-tory" and a change of the theme.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/howloscream/
Parks Visited in 2015: None so far!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am

^I noticed that, too. Wendigo Woods pulls on Canadian mythology, which I don't think they've tried before.

Postby megametal » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:11 pm

I was at the park yesterday, (first time I've had to park in the overflow lot in years, as I rarely go on Saturdays), and noticed that they close September 1 until Howl-O-Scream. That struck me as odd. Have they always done this? I noticed Water Country closes on Labor Day too, and I figured they'd keep that open on weekends through September as well, as it averages above 80 around here until then. Is it done to save on costs since they went public?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:12 pm

They usually cease daily operations after Labor Day, but they're open on weekends all through September and October.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:09 pm

It makes me sad to see how it seems like the all of the SeaWorld Parks are just going downhill. Budget cuts after budget cuts. When I visited the park back in 2010, I loved every second of being in it. I love all the SeaWorld Parks and still do! It is just a shame of what has been happening to them

:( :cry: :?r
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Ryan P. » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:09 pm

chargersmichael wrote:It makes me sad to see how it seems like the all of the SeaWorld Parks are just going downhill. Budget cuts after budget cuts. When I visited the park back in 2010, I loved every second of being in it. I love all the SeaWorld Parks and still do! It is just a shame of what has been happening to them

:( :cry: :?r

I agree! I love Sea Wprld parks but it is a shame that they have to do this. It really makes me upset because i hate seeing a good park like this go downhill.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:00 am

megametal wrote:I was at the park yesterday, (first time I've had to park in the overflow lot in years, as I rarely go on Saturdays), and noticed that they close September 1 until Howl-O-Scream. That struck me as odd. Have they always done this? I noticed Water Country closes on Labor Day too, and I figured they'd keep that open on weekends through September as well, as it averages above 80 around here until then. Is it done to save on costs since they went public?

Mostly all parks that are not located in Florida and California only run daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day and then weekends only from Labor Day to the end of October (Also weekends only from opening day until Memorial Day). And water parks are generally Memorial Day to Labor Day only.

Postby megametal » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:10 am

Oh okay. It was just the way that the tram person announced it then. The way he said it was that they were open through Labor Day, but would reopen for Howl-O-Scream. He should have said daily operations. I thought that was a bit weird and should have looked it up on their site, but the Busch Gardens site doesn't work well on my phone.

On another topic, I wonder how long until the park loses the Most Beautiful Park award for the first time.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:30 am

megametal wrote:Oh okay. It was just the way that the tram person announced it then. The way he said it was that they were open through Labor Day, but would reopen for Howl-O-Scream. He should have said daily operations. I thought that was a bit weird and should have looked it up on their site, but the Busch Gardens site doesn't work well on my phone.

Being as Howl-o-Scream starts on September 12 this year, the "reopen" claim isn't far off the mark.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!