Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:56 am

Wish I had time to visit BGW during the holiday season, as it looks amazing. Thanks for the photos!

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:07 am

^^ Same. I saw it SBNO, but never got to ride it.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Hoppy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:11 am

^^^
It did cause permanent brain damage for many folks, hence a lot of complaints and I believe a temp first aid station was concocted next to it for a while (similar to Son of Beast!) ... thankfully when I went on it, I knew how rough it would be ahead of time and was prepared so I didn't have a major headache and want to go home :lmao:
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:14 am

^^^^Also the same. It's one of those coasters I really wish I could ride. I know it was rough as hell but it definitely didn't lack originality. And am I forgetting any ride or was this the only arrow with a normal corkscrew entry? Anyway, that drop looked great and I would like to see it appearing in future rides.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:01 am

^Fantasia Special?

Anyways here's some more footage of DF.

Christmas Town looks fantastic this year from what I can see. The more pictures I see the more I'm tempted to head down. I'm hoping I get some kind of break and make a visit.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:21 pm

I was never a fan of Drachen Fire and had no problem with its removal.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:02 pm

I wonder what would have happened if Williamsburg would have gotten a "cousin" to Kumba in the early 90s instead of an Arrow.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Hit up Christmas Town again this past weekend. It was a great event. I went with a friend Friday night to see Gloria and then went Saturday night with a few TPR peeps. We were more focused on Verbolten so there wasn't much time to see all the lights/extras the park had to offer.

Quick Gloria rundown. The acting seems better than last year IMO. Something about the way they used the moving floors better or something. Last year, the moving floors seemed kinda out of place. Let's not forget the amazing actors as well.

The crappy power point imagery HAS to go though. It really only works well in one song number. I actually liked the show without all the ugly projections (the show experienced technical difficulties so the projections were out for the first few minutes of the show. That made it a lot better). If they placed more emphasis on a detailed stage like Celtic Fyre or props like Fiends, it would be that much stronger.

Still an amazing show with amazing actors and a really nice score. I plan to see Deck the Halls and Miracles later in the season. I'm hoping they've held up just as good as Gloria has.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby zachclarke2 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:52 pm

^I have yet to see any of the shows this year, but I did find the moving floors in Gloria a bit odd last year. I thought that they distracted from the 'show' quite a bit, hopefully they have it worked out.
Check out my photography! ----------> click
And my videos! ----------> click

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby IronWolfman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Drachen Fire looks interesting, too bad it was so rough. :( Do you think the ride would still be around if Arrow had started "heartlining" their rides with computer systems (Like B&M) in the late 80's/very early 90's?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!