Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Intimidator305 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:15 pm

^ That doesn't get people through the gates like new attractions do. I'd agree with this if they were to add atleast a little something to the park each year such as a flat, new 3D movie, kiddie expansion, ect. along with adding theming.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Intimidator305 wrote:^ That doesn't get people through the gates like new attractions do. I'd agree with this if they were to add atleast a little something to the park each year such as a flat, new 3D movie, kiddie expansion, ect. along with adding theming.

BGW does not struggle to get families through the gates.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:50 pm

^Yep--Busch also does well with their shows and special events, too.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Randomman295 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Good f*** nuggets this is awesome. The theming is coming along surprisingly well for the station as well as the ride; looking forward to more updates!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby A1EX DOUGHTY » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm liking the looks of Verbolten, I really like to see some testing footage of the ride does anyone know when this will begin?

I'm also from united kingdom, and we have a very similar attraction called TH13TEEN, But this coaster seem to be a much better version. I hate when people discuss about how Busch Garden copied the whole 13 idea with the drop section. It muddled with my mind quite a bit when I heard on the video about it's the "First of it's kind, They had to come up with name for it because it hasn't been done before". That exact saying confused me a little however, I can't wait to try the ride out for myself.

One more thing before i finish here. - When Does Verbolten Officially open to public?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:37 pm

^

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby coasterkid21 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Darn! I'm going with my school the 13th of May. I barely missed it! :?r

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 pm

There have been rumors floating around about soft openings before the 18th, take it with a grain of salt.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:32 pm

^A huge grain of salt--BGW rarely "soft opens" a ride. These rumors pop up whenever the park is building a new attraction.

Definitely on the "believe it when I see it" list--but I may be surprised yet.

A1EX DOUGHTY wrote:I'm liking the looks of Verbolten, I really like to see some testing footage of the ride does anyone know when this will begin?

I'm also from united kingdom, and we have a very similar attraction called TH13TEEN, But this coaster seem to be a much better version. I hate when people discuss about how Busch Garden copied the whole 13 idea with the drop section. It muddled with my mind quite a bit when I heard on the video about it's the "First of it's kind, They had to come up with name for it because it hasn't been done before". That exact saying confused me a little however, I can't wait to try the ride out for myself.

The park has been testing the ride, but hasn't posted any video of it as far as I know. When talking about the ride, BGW usually refers to Verbolten as the "first of its kind in the U.S." (or something along those lines).
Last edited by cfc on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:37 pm.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Awesome update Chuck! Thanks for posting it. Verbolten is looking fantastic, and they're really going the extra mile with the theming. It looks like the perfect coaster for BGW!
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!