Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby palmerleeberry » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Water country USA planning to double the size of their park? Holy (your favorite expression here)!!! I wonder if the park gets the OK it needs, what attractions are they planning to put in there?

I remember first visiting the park in 1986 and my most recent visit in 2008, and there is a big difference between those visits. Back in 1986, Water Country USA was tiny compared to Water Country USA of today. Why, getting extra room will mean . . . do ya think? I hope so . . . maybe Water Country USA can finally get its own WATER COASTER!!! Why stop there, how about a Shoot the Chutes ride (that Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells has); or how about some rapid tubing rides that Schilitterbahn has so many of. Do you think they could beat the record that Schilitterbahn has and make the world's longest tubing ride? And the biggest question of all, will they put in an attraction that will cause me to drop everything, put on my water riding clothes, and go there?

Oh, let the speculations commence.

:pillow: "You and those water rides. You dream so much about water parks I am considering exchanging myself for a plastic pillow!"

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Something like Wildebeest would be great for Water Country.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swiftman » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Water Country USA's Master Plan for the next decade or so: http://bgwfans.com/?p=1329 Enjoy the maps!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 am

cfc wrote:Something like Wildebeest would be great for any waterpark.

Fixed!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:06 am

Does anyone know if Verbolten is going to be reusing and of the existing structures from Big bad Wolf (Station, transfer shed, those little houses between the first and second lifts), or is the entire attraction completely new from the ground up?

Also, has anyone heard any type of estimated number as far as overall cost of the attraction? I'm interested to see the final cost is with all of the themeing, dark rides section, and coaster compared to something like Cheetah Hunt or Darkastle or Griffon.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 am

^From the looks of the construction, the station and the transfer shed have both been retained. The footers from Big Bad Wolf's final drop have also been kept as the ride will use that turn exactly as it was before.

As for the rest of the ride, everything should be brand new. The old village facades were demolished with Big Bad Wolf.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:33 am

That's cool, the station on Vortex at Kings Island was always interesting to me since it was originally built for the Bat suspended coasters. I guess at the time Arrow was really good at designing stations that could be retrofitted in the future to accommodate new coasters....

Postby Moose » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:05 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:The footers from Big Bad Wolf's final drop have also been kept as the ride will use that turn exactly as it was before.

I didn't realize this. It's pretty smart since now they won't have to do nearly as much work in the river and I am sure it eased permitting as well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swiftman » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:22 pm

The station has been completely gutted and will be fully rebuilt on the inside with the outer shell staying the same. As for the transfer track, the old maintenance area will now be part of the station and two new maintenance areas will be added. Together, they will be able to hold all 5 trains. The village area has been completely destroyed and is the future site of the "event building".

The forecast cost for the attraction as a whole is $54 Million.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Moose wrote:
jedimaster1227 wrote:The footers from Big Bad Wolf's final drop have also been kept as the ride will use that turn exactly as it was before.

I didn't realize this. It's pretty smart since now they won't have to do nearly as much work in the river and I am sure it eased permitting as well.

I wonder if Zierer was designed their supports for that section of the ride around the existing bolt patterns on the old BBW footers or if they will have to do some prep work to make theirs fit. I'm not an expert on this type of construction or anything but if they are completely reusing the footers from that section of BBW then it would make sense to make the installation as simple as possible.

This ride looks more and more impressive every day, definitely my most anticipated new ride of 2012.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!