Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:00 am

Thanks for the video Saldek! Yes! I was hoping for an Intamin looking track, and we got it! Cant wait to see the next update! :) :airtimer: :airtimer:
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:48 am

You do realize what's going to happen now...

Much like Thorpe Park made a big hoohaw about Swarm's element, I bet Alton Towers is going to be doing the same thing comparing Verbolten's drop with Thirteen's drop...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 am

^As in a lawsuit? If so, Verbolten uses a freefall with magnetic brakes, which is almost entirely different from Th13teens drop system.
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:09 pm

^ No, he means like when Thorpe sent out the letter saying, "We wanted our wing rider drop to be unique and now SFGAM is using it, we could be bitter but we wish them the best of luck with the THORPE PARK inversion blah blah blah." Alton Towers could, and likely will send out a release wishing BGW the best of luck with the Alton Towers drop.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Postby jzoole » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Did Thorpe Park really do that? Where did you read it?

DumbTums

Postby RollerCoasterSmi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:50 pm

@jzoole:

Thorpe Park have released a statement to Thorpe Park Mania, in regards to Six Flags GA's wing rider and it's first inversion:

''Hi THORPE PARK Mania fans.

We hope you're all excited about the arrival of THE SWARM. We're having great fun building up to its launch and we hope you are too!

We wanted to write a little message to you all following the news that Six Flags Great America will also be launching a winged rollercoaster next year very similar to THE SWARM. Some of you may have noticed that when we say it's going to be very similar, it really is going to be VERY similar. When we set about designing and developing our winged coaster we had to make sure it had the THORPE PARK stamp on it. One of the ways we achieved this was by developing the unique inverted dive at the start of the ride that will be sure to kick-off your awesome apocalyptic flight in adrenaline-fuelled style! As you can imagine then, we were quite surprised to see that the new ride at Six Flags will also adopt the 'THORPE PARK Inversion'!

While we could be bitter about this, we would actually like to wish Six Flags Great America the best of luck with the 'THORPE PARK Inversion' and we hope that this is a start of things to come, that one day the 'THORPE PARK Inversion' will become famous in the rollercoaster world! We aim high!

Thanks again for all your support and we'll see you all at Fright Nights.

The THORPE PARK Team''

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53056&start=270

I bet in some way or another Zierer will have to pay Intamin because they patented magnetic brakes on drop towers...

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:03 pm

^Except this isn't a drop tower. Depending on what the patent entails, there may or may not be any sort of infringement whatsoever.

This ride looks like it will be a good addition to the park. I visited for the first time this summer and loved everything about BGW. It seemed like one more coaster would be great though. I felt that would round off their collection very nicely and this seems like it will fit that spot. Hopefully I will be able to get back in the near future to try it out.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm pretty sure Thorpe Park was joking.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Postby sammmmmy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:30 pm

I really like what they're doing. I didn't realize the event building was so big!
"Okay everyone the photo spot is after the overbank,, so everyone remember to pose like a terrified black woman"

FAVORITE: Tie between Incredible Hulk and Millennium Force
LAST RIDDEN: Bizarro

DumbTums

Postby RollerCoasterSmi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:36 pm

@ jmicha:

There has been an ongoing feud between Intamin and Magnetar Technologies, the original Intamin patent was for DROP TOWERS, but then Intamin tried to sue for a company (can't remember who) for using magnetic brakes on a roller coaster and they succeeded (seemingly for infringing the patent). This is both a drop tower and a coaster, so Intamin with their deep pockets will get money out of this somehow.

http://www.kmob.com/news.cfm?nid=4

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!