Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: A stroll through Howl-o-Scream 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby espm1000 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:08 am

Thank you, CFC.

Last summer I didn't get us our typical fun passes. We decided to spend a couple of days at Kings Dominion just to ride I305.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 am

^ I'm planning a meetup with some friends this Friday if you're interested in showing up. I'm planning on doing only mazes and scare zones though (we may do rides if it's not busy enough).

Just drop me a PM and we'll work something out.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:00 pm

astromattical wrote:Since joining the Navy, it has been difficult being away from BGW. I'm about to finish up my initial training, and got my first set of orders. Imagine my joy when I saw that I was going to be stationed just "down the road" (20-30 minute drive) from BGW. I can't wait - might be there with enough time to hit up Howl-O-Scream, and certainly Christmas Town!

NAS Norfolk? ;) I go there a lot. :)
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Saldek » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Verbolten construction video from the park's Youtube page.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Stevo1091 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:40 am

^Kind of a pointless video, don't you think? They should have waited a few more weeks so we could see more.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/995ffbe21b37f42382908e291d257d6e.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:52 am

Stevo1091 wrote:^Kind of a pointless video, don't you think? They should have waited a few more weeks so we could see more.

Busch Gardens Tampa gave us a video featuring a awesome pile of dirt.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 am

They're documenting the project. So obviously, they'll show stage one in video one.

And also, how many people got excited about Cheetah Hunt dirt videos? :p
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:06 am

Stevo1091 wrote:^Kind of a pointless video, don't you think? They should have waited a few more weeks so we could see more.

Kind of pointless to complain when the park provides a backstage look at a new ride during its early phases of construction, don't you think? We'll be hearing more from the park about Verbolten in the future--please be patient.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:11 am

I enjoy looking back on these early construction updates when the ride is completed, or near completion. Even sometimes years down the road they are fun and neat to look at.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Stevo1091 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:18 pm

cfc wrote:Kind of pointless to complain when the park provides a backstage look at a new ride during its early phases of construction, don't you think? We'll be hearing more from the park about Verbolten in the future--please be patient.

Oh no don't get me wrong, I'm not being impatient or complaining really. I'm just a little surprised they didn't show more of an overview of the site that showed a little bit more of the scope of the project. I know how long these things take and I enjoy the suspense of seeing what the final product will look like!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/995ffbe21b37f42382908e291d257d6e.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!