Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: DBru, Hugecoltsfan, jedimaster1227 and 28 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:01 am

^I recommend checking out the BGW page in TPR's park index. You might find the Park Guide useful.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:25 am

^Of course. In my in infinite wisdom I had completely forgotten about that feature of the site. It helps greatly and is definitely a great framework for how to plan my day. Thank you.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:33 am

^You might want to consider Quick Queue, as well. Even though it will be outrageously hot this Saturday, I imagine that the park will still be quite busy--and the Roman Rapids will probably have a ridiculous line.
Last edited by cfc on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:34 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:25 am

coasterfreak101 wrote:And I heard a rumor that Son of Beast would be torn down last year, and this year...that didn't come true.

SOB is rumored to get some sort of upgrade in the near future... at least that's the rumor.

Bad news for Mach Tower, ride wasn't testing yesterday. That doesn't look like a good sign.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:49 am

^My point was just that we're getting on a rumor kick over something posted to a fansite. Unless there's any sort of source. Which is why I said I don't think there's any round for it. That, and Busch spreads out their capital expenditures - they're kind of expensive, with everything they put in to an addition. I wasn't calling out SoB for any reason in particular (that rumor mill can't seem to decide whether its staying or going!)
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:10 am

I wonder if Busch is now kicking themselves for going with these smaller companies for Mach Tower and the new coaster. Hope they have better luck next year!

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 am

^I hope they have better luck with Zirer. I'm not against new companies trying to break into the "big ride" business, but it's always a pain to be someone else's guinea pig.

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:08 pm

SharkTums wrote:I wonder if Busch is now kicking themselves for going with these smaller companies for Mach Tower and the new coaster. Hope they have better luck next year!

cfc wrote:^I hope they have better luck with Zirer. I'm not against new companies trying to break into the "big ride" business, but it's always a pain to be someone else's guinea pig.

The idea that BGW is giving these companies a break in the big leagues shows either one of two things:

1.) Total 'testicular forititudinalistm' with regards to new designs,

or

2.) Somebody had been over at the old Hospitality House WAAAAY too long.

I questioned the idea of using Moser instead of Intamin or S&S for a drop tower (Granted, I questioned the idea of Drop tower in the first place- but that's my opinion on the park's surroundings itself. But if it turns out a great ride, Mazel Tov! (You won't get ME on it!)

I do hope that it's a case of flop for one, Mega-success for the other- and that a bad dress rehearsal turns out an excellent show. The idea of Zierer moving into the full-scale market excites me- as do the ESC train systems that have been leaked out from BGW.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby BG Noeit Al » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:12 pm

I think if they do as well as they did with Groover's Alpine Express in Sesame Street: Forest of Fun the new coaster may really be great. Honestly, I think its not the fact that these smaller companies have never built this stuff before. I think they are just trying to build them too fast. Take your time and everything will work out.

However, it is like buying something new that requires "some installation". Do you stop to carefully read the directions over and over to make sure you know what you have to do? Nope, you put it together thinking you already know what to do, and then you have that one piece left over and you can't find where it goes, but it is super crucial.

Howl-O-Scream Update -

Pompeii will be renamed and zombies seem to be a theme for the new maze. Read this at BGWFans.com forums. This should be interesting. I might have to take a look in there to see what's up. As far as he "Cursed" area goes, last time I checked that place was bare, but I guess I might have to take a look there too.

NEW! - The Count's Halloween Spooktacular at Busch Gardens! It is a "daytime Halloween celebration" that will last 10AM to 5PM. Does this mean that Howl-o-Scream will see longer hours, maybe but most likely not. Just something to get the HoS rumors started. At least we know they aren't dropping the KIDsiderate theme just yet.

Christmas Town Update -

Has anyone noticed, that on the website the park map displays all the stuff from last year EXCEPT Rejoice? I guess they might have updated the site a little and removed the show? Or it could be a technical problem. Let the Christmas Town rumors begin.
I do work at BGW, I am not saying any more info than that about my job. The info I get is from friends and what I see after hours, as well as what I notice and speculate. - RH

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:19 pm

I was looking at Wicked at Lagoon (Made by Zierer) to see if it had a delay too. And unfortunately, it did. There was a welding problem and a launching problem. But it was a huge leap for Zierer, containing a zero g roll and overbanked curves with just a lap bar. But companies goals are to not make the same mistake twice, right? I assume BGW won't make the same mistake twice and will make sure there are no flaws. :S

Anyway...why do you all think that BGW has been choosing small scale companies instead of the big names?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!