Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: DBru and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby Homeboy23 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:59 pm

If you get there at opening you won't have a problem. The rides won't start getting a long line until 2-3. They should stay around 15-30 minutes from 12-2, and basically 5-15 minutes up until 12. Well, this from my experience.

Edit: If you do get there at opening, ride everything then and enjoy the Illuminights and shows in the evening when the lines are long.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:02 pm

khowe22 wrote:This Saturday at BGW...am I crazy if I choose that day to attend? Obviously Saturday would be the busiest day, but I don't have a lot of options. However, I don't want to risk it if the park will be absolutely unable to be navigated.

Two words if you're only going to be there for one day, and it's a Saturday: Quick Queue.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:32 am

I visited BGW for the first time as a guest in about two years yesterday :br and it was awesome! I fit in all the coasters + rerides and won one of those cool stuffed bananas that I see everyone carrying all over the park.

Rode all the major dry rides + swings and bumper cars. This was also my first time riding Europe in the Air!

Loch Ness Monster - 2 rides, both middle - Fun ride! I figured out how to keep my head from slamming against the headrest/restraints but that transition into the final lift hill still beats you up regardless of how you ride.
Griffon - 2 rides, front and middle - Good as always! I still wish the ride were more intense/better themed
Alpengeist - 2 rides, both front - Fun ride, but very shaky in the outer seats. I got tunnel vision from the bottom of the first drop to the first loop. Still fun & intense regardless of how rough it is.
Apollo's Chariot - 1 ride, middle - Airtime on all the hills! Definitely a great way to end my coaster riding! I've forgotten how fun this ride was.

Europe in the Air - 1 ride - Rode the ride to escape the heat. Story was meh compared to Corkscrew, but what can you expect? The transitions between scenes is way too choppy. I would've preferred the ride a little more if there was a dropping scene or a few more near-misses like DK/Corkscrew and if the transitions were better.

I was surprised and kinda saddened to see that Castle O Sullivan left for Dine with Elmo/Celtic Fyre. I was told by an employee that most of the Ireland themed shows/attractions are slowly being phased out for more generic shows/attractions.

I've already ridden DarKastle plenty of times before so it wasn't too special, except for seeing a car leaving a maintenance bay, which was really cool!

Mach Tower was testing on and off all day long.

Not much going on at Verbolten.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Saldek » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:23 pm

khowe22 wrote:This Saturday at BGW...am I crazy if I choose that day to attend? Obviously Saturday would be the busiest day, but I don't have a lot of options. However, I don't want to risk it if the park will be absolutely unable to be navigated.

You might get lucky with sparse crowds as this heatwave may keep people from going. If it is busy then (as others said) you can get a Quick Queue.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Ooooo anyone hear the rumor about a 2014 coaster? (Keyword: RUMOR)

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:47 pm

^Considering there's a coaster going in next year and Busch is relatively sparse with their major coaster installations...no.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby kingadam719 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:05 pm

^ I actually heard about that. On the bgwfans.com forums

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:36 pm

They've done it before with Alpengeist in 1997 then Apollo's Chariot in 1999, so I wouldn't rule it out. I've heard the rumor too.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:02 pm

And I heard a rumor that Son of Beast would be torn down last year, and this year...that didn't come true.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:30 pm

I will be visiting the park for the first time this (incredibly hot) Saturday and have been looking through this thread about a possible plan of action. I've gathered that it's probably going to be busy but the extreme heat may help keep the crowds from being excessive. The group I'm going with is only three big, myself included, and all of us like pretty much everything so we are going to want to try to get as much in as possible. I've essentially determined that the regulars suggest just getting there at opening and riding all the major coasters/rides as quickly as possible in the morning and then doing the other stuff later on when the lines increase in size for the major attractions and it becomes unbearably hot outside. Is this essentially what a regular to the park would suggest for a first-timer? I will admit my knowledge of the park is lacking at best and beyond getting the five credits, what must I make sure to get in during my visit in order to get the best first time experience out of BGW? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!