Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 21 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterKidKyle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 am

^ same where I live, but they said coming soon. I heard that then they stopped showing the ad, and now it says now open. I didn't think it was open, just that it is probably close to opening, if not open because the ad had been changed.
8 Parks
47 Coasters (37 steel, 10 woodies)
Favorite Steel - Intimidator 305
Favorite Wooden - Lightning Racer Thunder (I don't get out much)

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:07 am

Don't be fooled! Knott's is advertising Windseeker as if it's open also........
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby CoasterKidKyle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 am

But does it say open now?
8 Parks

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:12 am

It says "New for 2011" which I very well know doesn't mean sh*t but GP will be like OMFG it's open! LOL
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby BG Noeit Al » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 am

Yeah, tons of people are so confused about it. People keep asking "is Mach Tower open yet?" or some other question about Mach Tower already being open and it is always fun to see their face when I say no, its not open. They do need to get it open quick though, but they should do as safely as possible. Those green walls are just ugly and I want to vanish far far away from here.

HOS Update -

So BGWFans says Pompeii is gutted as of the other day and is now starting reconstruction. Cursed is gone, can confirm that because I saw it one night. However, that area used for Cursed is not supposed to be used this year for HOS.

Other really good possibilities for mazes/haunted houses - Catacombs in RPT, something in the EIA Queue, anything in Festhaus Park i probably not going to happen EXCEPT for the Drachen Fire Queue Building. I say that because that building is right at the entrance and exit of FHP and they would not have to "cover up" the area with walls and such for coaster construction or at least not as much. Also, it would be a big pain and hassle to find a way to get to the other building and back while completely ignoring the construction going on. You could also probably put a small maze in the Black Forest Picnic area. I could see something like Cursed fitting there, weaving in and out of structures.

That is all I have, so let speculation and rumors take over now!
I do work at BGW, I am not saying any more info than that about my job. The info I get is from friends and what I see after hours, as well as what I notice and speculate. - RH

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:05 am

^We were told during TPR Day that HOS's original maze was going to be re-created in the Europe in the Air building. As I recall, that maze had a little bit of everything, including evil clowns, a mad scientist, and an animatronic dionsaur skeleton (it was also pretty long). It'll be interesting to see how it works this year, as they don't have the old arcade space to use like they did more than 12 years ago (when King Arthur's Challenge was in that building). We were also told that HOS was going on in the old Drachen Fire area, but weren't given any details.

So, there's going to be a new maze for Pompeii? I hope so, as the old one was getting a bit long in the tooth.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:19 am

Mini update!

Mach Tower was testing again yesterday so it looks like the problem they had is resolved now. Operator training should commence in time for next week! Tower isn't open yet, but should be up and running in time as long as more problems don't arise.

Verbolten clearing stretches over BBW's final drop now.

Foreign tourists are in full-force right now! I've encountered a few standing in front of Mach Tower as well as on rides. They seem to travel in huge groups carrying cameras, but I prefer them over the middle schoolers any day.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Anyone know if BGW will have that 'Clue Hunt (Put together the virtual pov)' thing for Verbolten like they did for Cheetah Hunt? (I kinda don't want one, I love surprises) =)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:24 pm

netdvn wrote:Mini update!

Mach Tower was testing again yesterday so it looks like the problem they had is resolved now. Operator training should commence in time for next week! Tower isn't open yet, but should be up and running in time as long as more problems don't arise.

Verbolten clearing stretches over BBW's final drop now.

Foreign tourists are in full-force right now! I've encountered a few standing in front of Mach Tower as well as on rides. They seem to travel in huge groups carrying cameras, but I prefer them over the middle schoolers any day.

Ok Danny I see how it is. :p
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

Postby CoasterKidKyle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:26 pm

We all know it's true... (coming from a middle school boy.)
8 Parks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!