Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby KDFAN » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:12 am

Does anyone know why you give SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment $300 for a platinum pass they only give you a piece of paper, is there a way to get one that is like a credit card?
I have rode 54 coasters, 45 steel and 9 wood. I've visited 11 parks, top woodie is Rebel Yell (KD), top steel is Kumba (BGT).

http://www.coastercounter.com/KDFAN

I'm wickedly obsessed with Ron Toomer

Postby B-RadG » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:05 am

KDFAN wrote:Does anyone know why you give SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment $300 for a platinum pass they only give you a piece of paper, is there a way to get one that is like a credit card?

Trust me, there's no way in hell you can rip that "piece of paper." You can break one of the plastic cards from Cedar Fair or Six Flags, but it's near impossible to destroy a Busch pass.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Has the Scrambler reopened yet? Could somebody post a picture of it?

Thanks! :)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CardCraze » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:13 pm

It's open and was operating yesterday. It's named "Le Catapult" and is in New France, and behind Trapper's Smokehouse, near the exit of the train at Caribou Station.

Didn't think to take a picture, sorry.
Parks Visited in 2015: None so far!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PSiRockin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:02 pm

^Yeah, it opened the 26th of March. Is the ride supposed to have awnings over the que? Because it looked like it was set up to have some. And no pics from me too, sorry.
PsiRockin'
Earthbound - SNES

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:30 pm

KDFAN wrote:Does anyone know why you give SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment $300 for a platinum pass they only give you a piece of paper, is there a way to get one that is like a credit card?

Yes, go to guest services and ask for one. You make a donation to the wildlife fund and get a credit card style pass.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:24 am

There is a sign on a locked gate next to the bumper car house that says something along the lines of "Restricted Ride Access area for *insert awesome German word that I forgot here* Verbolten". You can see the sign when you stand next to the kiddie bumper cars, facing BBW's old station (I believe the gate is underneath the awning so it may be a little easy to miss).

I don't have pictures since I'm normally working when I'm at BGW, but maybe on one of those days when I'm let off early, I'll be able to take a pic of the gate.

Could this be a clue to the possible real name of the ride?

BTW: I noticed light streaming from BBW's old station behind the tarp after the park closed. Looks like some sort of magic is going on back there.

I got a better look at the sign this morning while running the bumper cars. The word is Zuttrit Verbolten. It's a yellow sign right on a gate next to the bumper cars. It' s underneath the awning so it's kinda easy to miss.
Last edited by netdvn on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:09 pm.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 am

utahTPR wrote:How is Mach Tower supposed to compare to Drop Tower at KD?

They will both be drop towers. ;)

Kind of hard to say, being as Mach Tower isn't ready yet. It isn't as tall as KD's, but it's taller than Griffon and is supposed to feature a revolving platform so all riders will enjoy the same great view. The park also mentioned some other "surprises," such as some sort of lighting package at the top of the tower. Time will tell.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 pm

As seen in my trip report, there are construction markers back in the woods behind the BBW station, and even a few over by the former 2nd hill. They even had clues........

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby bgeguy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Here's a general update from today on the "new" Oktoberfest.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!