Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:38 pm

CardCraze wrote:Migrate to Florida. It's what all the cool kids on the East coast do.

This. =)
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Vigil, Busch has recently built similar coasters at both of their parks within a year or two of eachother, Alpengeist & Montu, SheiKra and Griffon, and now Cheetah Hunt and likely this project. I assume it's a better decision business wise to purchase two coasters from the same manufacturer. I'm so excited to see BBW (which I thought was a classic but just ok...) be replaced with something like an Intamin launched coaster, can't wait for both this and Cheetah Hunt.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CardCraze » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Busch Gardens has announced "Pass Member Preview Day" will be the 19th of March.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=187030231315338
Parks Visited in 2015: None so far!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby carolinacaniac » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Has there been anything about the progress on Mach Tower? From what I have gathered, there hasn't been much of anything said about it. Interesting too considering that it is a fairly big ride to be adding to the park

-Gary
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby griffonj2022 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:32 pm

I am SO excited to see what BGW cooks up for this new coaster. While I was hoping they would do something to top Griffon height-wise, it seems like they're going to do something smaller and more intense.

Personally, the name Verbolten is the only one that sticks out to me, and the whole idea of it being themed to the "Forbidden Forest" gets me so pumped! I just wish that more of the ride was outside and not inside the "themed building", seeing as most of Busch's coasters in the past are all outside. Anyways, it'll sure be fun with all of the launches :b and the finale diving down to the Rhine river just like BBW did.

Can't wait until they reveal the details later this year =)

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:38 pm

carolinacaniac wrote:Has there been anything about the progress on Mach Tower? From what I have gathered, there hasn't been much of anything said about it. Interesting too considering that it is a fairly big ride to be adding to the park

-Gary

I'm wondering about this as well. It's been very secretive as of late.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:47 pm

^ The tower probably won't be going vertical until late February or Early March.... Nothing probably to report....

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 am

Busch Gardens recently released an update for Vantage Point on their facebook, so i think we'll be seeing one for Mach Tower soon.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:40 pm

I was at BGW two weeks ago for a job fair and saw no traces of construction except for the scrambler sitting in the employee lot.

I came back a few days later to get some paperwork put together and nothing changed.

Driving by BGW, the area seems pretty quiet... No cranes or traces of construction except for some of the visual upgrades Oktoberfest is getting (and those can only be seen inside the park).

- Future Mach Tower (and surrounding rides) operator :br
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby StarTrekGeek » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 am

Guess there could be more Oktoberfest Expansion happening in 2013 (Screamscape):

2013 - Oktoberfest Revamp: Phase 3 - Rumor - (1/18/11) So far many of the old redevelopment rumors concerning a multi-phase build up / renovation have been coming true, though instead of building a new “country” they seem focused on rebuilding the park’s existing Oktoberfest section. We’ll see the first phase open in 2011 with Mach Tower, followed by the new coaster in 2012. It seems there is a third phase set for 2013 and according to the latest rumors it may be focused on revamping the Festhaus. I’ve no idea if anything other than the Festhaus will be touched upon for the 2013 season yet, or if they are ready to finally expand back into the former Drachen Fire location or not. Stay tuned!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!