Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:31 am

The nearest home is 1,700 feet away from the new ride, said county planner Leanne Reidenbach.

That is the part of the article that surprised me. 1700 feet seems REALLY close to me. Looking at Google, the nearest house seems a lot further than that.

The more I read, the more excited I am for this new coaster. I like the name Verbolten, it seems to fit with the park.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 am

Sound-deadening walls work for interstates - why not use them for the new roller coaster?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:44 am

Im really excited about the new coaster in 2012, looking forward to heading back to the park and actually checking out the waterpark this time around.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:19 pm

From Various descriptions and self-vision, I created this SPECULATIVE diagram of the BGW2012 Coaster.

The Red Block is the 26,000 sq. ft. building.
The Dark Green Block is the existing BBW Station which is speculate to become the BGW2012 Coaster Station, I have also "drawn" in storage track.
The exterior Speculated track is the Orange lines.
The Lime Green lines is speculated launch track.
The Dark Blue is the speculate bridge.

I created this to give somewhat of an idea to what we'll be looking for possibly and invoke debate!
Attachments
site2.jpeg
site2.jpeg (365.16 KiB) Viewed 1530 times

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:41 pm

I like it!

Launching out of the building and then down on the river even faster...that would be fantastic!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks, It would be pretty cool if my idea wasn't far from the real thing. Launching into a tunnel like on Backlot is pretty cool.

Also, Chris of BGWFans posted a video of the planning commission meeting on January 5th. Link

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Meteornotes wrote:^Word. If I owned BGW, I'd have nightly death metal shows with explosions just to irritate them. Newsflash, morons, YOU BOUGHT A HOUSE NEAR AN AMUSEMENT PARK, THERE MIGHT BE NOISE COMING FROM THERE. Another fine example of why sharks need to eat more people...

dt

That's actually not too far from the truth considering the noise from the shows/train ride is far louder than the noise coming from the coasters.

You can even sit outside on one of the golf courses nearby and hear the music coming from the shows word for word (although it's a bit muffled because of the trees).

BTW: I'd love to hear death metal every night... That would be amazing :P

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:17 pm

We'll see what happens. I personally agree with everyone here and like the name Verbolten, and in m opinion it is EASILY the best of the 4. However, I prefer Cheetaka a zillion times over Cheetah Hunt, so god knows what will happen, especially since the general consensus(among enthusiasts) suggests that everyone hates the name Cheetah Hunt. The other names sound so generic like Cheetah Hunt, and something like that would drive me crazy. So far IMO BGW has a perfect naming record, and I love the names of ever coaster/ride as of now. I would hate to see that change!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Dave - OMG, that is the greatest thing I have heard all day! And Ice Bat can take pics. ;)
People have nothing better to do, so they complain. If they are not happy, they complain more. It gives them purpose.

I have a platinum pass too!!! Where did this survey come from?! I didn't get one!! Oh wait - maybe I should actually read the emails that they send. :omg:
I am off to watch this video now. I completely love the planning and building process for coasters. So much fun to follow!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Does anyone know if this is going to have an inversion like cheetah hunt?
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS