Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:13 am

BeemerBoy wrote:If it's "Inspired by the famed autobahn," then why not just call it "Autobahn," and have Porsche, Mercedes, or VW sponsor it? Busch creative team, I'll fax my resume whenever you'd like.

Then they'd have to change the name of the bumper cars--ripple effects, people. ;)

There has been some some corporate sponsorship at BGW, such as Lowe's for some landscape displays, Southwest Airlines for the skyride, and Aer Lingus for the show in Ireland.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:34 am

I love the name Verbolten, hope it gets picked over the turbo name... still can't get over the name Cheetah Hunt. Verbolten translates to "forbidden", and to me that would make more sense for a theme, especially for a new attraction replacing the Big Bad Wolf. Launching through a forbidden forest with indoor sections and special effects, this is starting to sound like the ride I was always hoping Busch Gardens would build.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:40 am

^Isn't that spelled "verboten"? Or is "Verbolten" meant to be some sort of play on words?
Last edited by cfc on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 am.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:25 pm

You're right, it is spelled without the L now that I look at the translation. I can see it being a play on words to get 'bolt' in there, to represent speed.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Aww--how do I get this type of survey?
I'm a Platinum Pass Member.
Treat me special, Busch! :b

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Vigil » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I feel like they need to figure out what they want in the ride's theme. They say it is based off the autobahn...so where does the Black Forest come in at all? Verbolten is the best name, but "forbidden" seems a bit dark for the autobahn theme. I would think if they were doing some thing with the autobahn they would make it more bright, flashy, and racecar-ish. Black Forest or autobahn...pick one.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby bgeguy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:14 pm

I think what they mean by the description is that it's themed to the Black Forest, but the speed and idea of a launch coaster was inspired by the Autobahn, and may not be a part of the storyline.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm

bgeguy wrote:I think what they mean by the description is that it's themed to the Black Forest, but the speed and idea of a launch coaster was inspired by the Autobahn, and may not be a part of the storyline.

Exactly! The German autobahn roads are all very twisty (for roads, anyway). An autobahn through the Black Forest? As long as it's not a stupid Intamin mine train coaster, I'm game.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Pubic hair eating champion of the world!

Location: Planet Earth...which I *think* is somewhere in the Universe

Postby mightbeawannabe » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Isn't there an Autobahn that goes through the Black Forest? Or near it in Baden-Wurttemberg?
Hi. I'm a signature. You were looking for the guy right above me. Everyone thinks he's more important...sob...he says he's Postal or something like that.

People must really like their mail.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:09 pm

The Autobahn is a country-wide road system... Parts of it do travel through the Black Forest. I am not a complete fan of an "autobahn" theme. I'll go with it... But, imagine a Intamin train with a Lamborghini or Ferrari or BMW themed front!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!