Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:27 pm

the ghost wrote:^^ Is it like an express pass where you can get one ride on everything without waiting or is it unlimited for fourty. The one ride thing was worth it because we only did one day at Universal and IOA but I dont think we would have bought one otherwise, but if its unlimited rides for fourty thats awesome.

I paid $33 with my Busch Platinum Pass and it was unlimited as many rides as you wanted all day long.

Totally worth it!

--Robb

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:33 pm

I have a 2-yr season pass to BGW. It a great deal. I actually plan on going to BGW on Friday!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PAL » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:56 pm

^^^The $40 I mentioned for BGT was full price for the Unlimited. Regular, the one spin for each major ride flavor, was only $15 less! Why wouldn't you go big? Platinum Passes were good for 10% off those rates.
Last edited by PAL on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:46 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jcoaster95 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Coasterdynamix is awesome.

http://www.coasterdynamix.com/

I did this with my Griffon kit:

http://jcoaster95.com/SkyDiver.aspx

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Anyone know when Europe in the Air is opening? May? June?

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm

^I'm pretty sure the sign says May... At least that's what I think I heard it says...

My wager is Memorial Day Weekend.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby snowboard83 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:13 pm

kidcoaster 2 wrote:Big Bad Wolf is what started my enthusiast career and after my first ride on it in 2006 I found a new appreciation for coasters, something which before I had little interest in.

Agreed. BBW was something at 16-20 I ignored...the "wuss" coaster of Busch's big ones. Rode again, shortly after, man I found new appreciation. There are a couple thrills on it that you could not find anywhere else, quite like it (like the back swinging out at nearly 80 degree "whipping" action while falling down the big drop). EF is the only suspended that appeared to beat BBW, as Robb said. However, the BBW was classic, and even if some of the enthusiest world doesn't feel it affected the park, that whole area is now dead feeling. BBW gave a feeling of something "lurking" in the woods; an energy. People happy, jumping around who had just ridden it, smiling. Yeah, I was a huge fan of the ride. I know a few others that kinged it "best of the park" as well.

Not knocking Robb at all, and he even admitted that it was probably the 2nd best suspended after EF, but he was probably spoiled by EF having ridden it many times. Everyone has their own opinions on everything. BBW likely is "watered down" compared to the thrill EF gave. Its the only suspended I can think about that had wicked S-turns like BBW had at the bottom of the big drop, only EF did that move more. And HOPEFULLY it will come back! Im going to Korea next year!

I feel the jump of the ride in ratings in the poll is more due to a sudden rush of enthusiests riding the ride that may have never ridden it, than people wanting to rate it higher because it was leaving.

BBW and Alpengeist are, and will likely always be, my favorites at my home park!

Damn, too bad Robb was there and I didn't know it though! I missed him at KD opening day too!

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:18 pm

KDcoasterMAN wrote:^I'm pretty sure the sign says May... At least that's what I think I heard it says...

My wager is Memorial Day Weekend.

Thanks. I hate the signs that just state a season because it leaves a wide margin for openings.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby TheScooterGuy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:04 am

Is 'Europe In The Air' taking Big Bad Wolf's place? I'm a little bit curious... :?r
You've crossed the boundary, WMG!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:46 am

^ It is taking the place of Corkscrew Hill.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!