Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1085: A quick look at Pantheon construction!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am

the ghost wrote:Kristen doesnt have the awesome Nickelodean shows of the 90s such as Rugrats, Catdog, Rockos Modern Life, Doug...

Why would you say that? Of course she does. That's what the media server is for! She has all the best shows thanks to the modern mavels of digital downloads, iTunes, and Tivo!

themeparkologist wrote:Hahahaha!
Robb looks like my grandpa with glasses on.
Glasses just don't suit you, do they?

Thanks. :?r What a great thing to read. You really just brightened up my day. :roll:

Steelinwood wrote:Glad yo see you had a great time, the park really isn't the same without BBW though. :(

Actually, it is. IMO, Big Bad Wolf was good, but it never made or broke the park. I actually had visits in the past to BGW where I didn't even ride Big Bad Wolf.

I mean, I liked the ride, sure, but even of you look at the 2008 Steel Coaster Poll:

20 - Apollo's Chariot
21 - Griffon
52 - Alpengiest
111 - Big Bad Wolf
189 - Loch Ness Monster

There is a HUGE gap in popularity from the Arrow's to the B&M's. And Big Bad Wolf only regained a bit of popularity AFTER they announced it was leaving. Big Bad Wolf jumped to #90 in 2009. And when you think about it, it didn't actually jump THAT much. IMO, the coaster didn't seem to become "awesome" to some people until after it left. And really, it was just "ok".

And I totally feel the same way. I would ride the B&M's 2 or 3 times and ride the Arrow's *maybe* once or twice...if there was no line. Even when I lived within driving distance of the park. Even Loch Ness Monster was the last coaster we rode on this visit, and it was absolutely a "courtesy ride."

Big Bad Wolf was a "good" ride, but the park really isn't THAT much different without it. I'm sure it's replacement will make people happy! ;)

--Robb
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:32 am.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 am

I think the loss of BBW has been more of a sentimental loss rather than the loss of a really high class coaster. To me, it's like having to put down the family dog.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby jdcoffeytime » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:02 am

^ I agree, to me it would be like losing Ninja at SFMM. I would be very upset.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:12 am

Right, I totally agree there. I'm just looking at it as more of the "normal guest" perspective rather than the coaster enthusiast, I guess. I mean, if Ninja left Magic Mountain, would most people even notice?

But even from the coaster enthusiast perspective, maybe I personally just never found Big Bad Wolf to be that amazing? Night rides, sure, were great...I guess, but I never went out of my way to bother with them.

I just never found this ride to be as big of a deal as people were making it out to be when it was announced it was closing last year. I liked it, sure, but I didn't shed a single tear or care that much when it was announced that it was closing, and remember, BGW used to be one of my "home parks."

--Robb "Maybe it's because after Eagle's Fortress, no other Arrow Suspended even comes close?" Alvey
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:14 am.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby testtrack321 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:54 am

Well that Coaster Hero shirt IS a red shirt if you're looking for a Star Trek connection.... :p

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:15 am

Tunaboy407 wrote:Hey, hope you had a good time at busch gardens. I actually work at Buffalo Wild Wings in virginia beach. If you need or want anything just letme know and i can hook you up. :lmao:

Truckloads of Blazin' sauce please! :D

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 am

^You, sir, are a better man than me. Blazin' had me begging for mercy the one and only time I tried it. I can go up to Wild with no problem, but Blazin' turns me into a sissy girl. :devil:

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:41 pm

You look hot in glasses, me too!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:11 pm

robbalvey wrote:
the ghost wrote:Kristen doesnt have the awesome Nickelodean shows of the 90s such as Rugrats, Catdog, Rockos Modern Life, Doug...

Why would you say that? Of course she does. That's what the media server is for! She has all the best shows thanks to the modern mavels of digital downloads, iTunes, and Tivo!

I hope I get this right. FAIL, quoting on thos site is hard. Anyway, I dont even know what a media server is but if they have legends of the hidden temple on tivo or itunes I would go insane. BTW, that show would make an awesome Wii game IMO.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:44 pm

robbalvey wrote:Right, I totally agree there. I'm just looking at it as more of the "normal guest" perspective rather than the coaster enthusiast, I guess. I mean, if Ninja left Magic Mountain, would most people even notice?

But even from the coaster enthusiast perspective, maybe I personally just never found Big Bad Wolf to be that amazing? Night rides, sure, were great...I guess, but I never went out of my way to bother with them.

I just never found this ride to be as big of a deal as people were making it out to be when it was announced it was closing last year. I liked it, sure, but I didn't shed a single tear or care that much when it was announced that it was closing, and remember, BGW used to be one of my "home parks."

--Robb "Maybe it's because after Eagle's Fortress, no other Arrow Suspended even comes close?" Alvey

I think locals were more bummed than tourists, particularly those with kids. BBW was the "big-kids" coaster with the lowest height requirement, so riding it was sort of a rite of passage around here.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!