Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Maverickrocks » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 pm

This is excellent news and the new simulator is the perfect addition for this park. The Soarin'-like theme sounds like it will be much better than the lame one of Corkscrew Hill. I am glad I rode that thing during Christmas Town though, since it was a fun ride, just not a good storyline.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:06 pm

I wonder if this means anything for the simulator at Busch Gardens Tampa. How long has that thing been sitting there now? Maybe it could get a Soarin over Africa type film.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:31 pm

^ Is that the simulator that is Pirates 4-D that used to be R.L Stein's Haunted Lighthouse that used to be the Dolphin Theater back in the day? ;)

While Leslie Nielson might have rocked in 'Airplane', by the time I experienced Pirates 4-D I was just about sick of attractions with 3-D glasses and getting wet with mist and water spray.

Bring on Soarin' over Africa hosted by David Puddy!

Postby jray21 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:50 pm

So i've heard a lot of Soarin' comparisons. Will this attraction be a close copy to Soarin', or is it just a reference to it being a motion simulator? I'm just wondering if it's one of those simulators you find in an arcade (Looks like a small spaceship), a 3-D movie theater simulator (Like Days of thunder, or that old dinosaur 3-D at SFDK), or like Soarin'. I haven't been to that park for about 20 years so I have no clue.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:18 pm

jray21 wrote:So i've heard a lot of Soarin' comparisons. Will this attraction be a close copy to Soarin', or is it just a reference to it being a motion simulator? I'm just wondering if it's one of those simulators you find in an arcade (Looks like a small spaceship), a 3-D movie theater simulator (Like Days of thunder, or that old dinosaur 3-D at SFDK), or like Soarin'. I haven't been to that park for about 20 years so I have no clue.

I would imagine the type of "Soarin'" attraction you are considering is a different concept that what will probably coming to BGW. Mostlike they will do minimal renovations to the original attractions and just play a new movie with updatedd affects. I wasn't surprised that this happened. Corkscrew was "unpopular."

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:49 pm

If this new ride is opening in 8 weeks, I would expect the ride vehicles to be very similar to the existing Corkscrew Hill vehicles.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:07 am

^That's what I was thinking, too--along with some changes to the queue, perhaps.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:03 am

Philrad71 wrote:^ Is that the simulator that is Pirates 4-D that used to be R.L Stein's Haunted Lighthouse that used to be the Dolphin Theater back in the day? ;)

While Leslie Nielson might have rocked in 'Airplane', by the time I experienced Pirates 4-D I was just about sick of attractions with 3-D glasses and getting wet with mist and water spray.

Bring on Soarin' over Africa hosted by David Puddy!

No I'm talking about the one by the Clydesdales that was Akbar, and used to be Questor. Now the only thing I think it's been used for lately was Howl o Scream mazes!

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:41 pm

^ Ahhhh...I see. I must have walked right by the area and didn't even give the building a second thought.

Most likely, I was either tripping over my tongue while in a trance looking straight ahead at Montu, or said "Ooooh look - the Crown Colony has a pub in it!" :lolr:

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby printersdevil78 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:01 pm

What, they're removing Corkscrew Hill? This is an outrage! Let's get some T-shirts printed up! Start an online petition! Save Corkscrew Hill! They're taking out a classic ride for some Soarin' Over Europe crap? That's not fair to the fans or to the children who will never get to experience this unique and wonderful attraction. Anheuser-Busch ran this park like a family for over 30 years, and now this big conglomorate thinks they can just come in and start changing things? The nerve. The nerve! Amusement parks should never, ever change. Period.

;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!