Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:48 pm

You know, I'm still kicking myself for not getting more pics and vids of Big Bad Wolf. "It'll be there next time I visit," I thought. And to add insult to injury, what little I did have of it, half was tossed out because it was crappy. Doh!

Oh well, at least I still have the magnet, post card and what little I did keep.

Turning to Christmas Town, once they get the bugs worked out over the next couple years, I'm ready to check it out.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:46 pm

A good friend of mine made this documentary about BBW:

P.S.- How do you embed this? It's not working for me when I copy the embed link.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:34 am

I was pleasantly surprised by the documentary. Very high quality and quite informative, and the pov was great. I loved the wolf the one time I rode four or five years ago, although I think I might like Ninja a bit more besides the lift hill ending. What a ride it was.

Eurofighters are Red Dawn Awesome!

Postby Pufferfish » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:03 am

Wow, that documentary seriously just brought tears to my eyes, especially the final pictures of the ride being torn down. It's just hard to believe that I will never be able to ride it again. My only wish is for whatever takes its place to do it justice. This ride was and always will be one of my favorites. I know I've said it before, but let me say it again. RIP BBW, goodbye my dearest friend... :(
Just keep swimming...

Postby esvadj » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:45 am

New attractions for 2010?

from Facebook:

Busch Gardens has plenty of new attractions planned for 2010, and we’re giving our Facebook fans special clues before anyone else. Over the next few days, we’ll be dropping hints so stay tuned … details are on the way.

Here is the link to the Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/#/BuschGardens

they update it quite frequently even in the off season

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:58 am

Here's BGW's latest Facebook clue:

A new clue for you: What’s 14’ tall, 30’ wide and 52’ long, and is going to be in Festhaus Park this spring?

There's already a slew of guesses on FB, ranging from a new train station to a Miler Kiddie Coaster to a new stage for concerts.

Postby esvadj » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:10 am

I think someone got the answer with this guess:

http://afreserve.com/?:Action%20Sports%20Pro%20TourAction Sport Tour one weekend in April

I was disappointed with this one. The original quote does mention PLENTY of new attractions, so maybe the next one will be better.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:33 am

^Hmm--the "Action Sports Tour" site says "Busch Gardens-Water Country," April 24-25. Odd. Water Country usually doesn't open before May.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:24 pm

^Could we have our first officially endorsed skating show in a drained water park? :b
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!