Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1103: Coasters & Craft Brews Sneak Peek
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:09 am

It's interesting that BGW is able to do this, as the state recently issued some more restrictions on the Hampton Roads region (roughly from Williamsburg to Virginia Beach). This area has become more of a COVID "hot spot" recently.

I'm planning to go the Member Sneak Peek on Aug. 5. I'll post a report about how it went.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:24 pm

Keep in mind though, the event is catered to locals (for you non-locals seeing this). For those that hadn't caught on, it's not an all-day event the dates they're open. The event is four hours per time slot each day of the event: 11am-3pm & 5pm-9pm Thursday through Sunday (besides the membership sneak peak). I've confirmed with the park that they will close at 3pm to allow the park to clear out and reset for the event, and reopen at 5pm. So, unless you have an annual pass, membership, fun card or preschool pass, and live relatively close, this may not be for you. Tickets for others are $44.99 plus tax...ouch. I guess some will go, but that's a bit steep IMO.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:12 am

Local media have confirmed that Busch Gardens' capacity is capped at 1,000 for these events, as per state guidelines.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bill_s » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:41 pm

BGW site: "Pass Member and Fun Card Reservations are currently SOLD OUT for the event, but be sure to stay tuned because we are working on more ways to keep the fun going! Please check back later for updates."

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:37 am

1000 guests? Man. I just wonder how that can even be worth it.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby coasternut » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am

^ Yes, I agree. Seems pretty marginal at best. Maybe they're charging a lot for the beers...
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:00 pm

I'm going to cross my fingers, but I'm really debating on pulling my Sea World market shares (SEAS) and put it somewhere safer, before I lose money.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:56 am

coasternut wrote:^ Yes, I agree. Seems pretty marginal at best. Maybe they're charging a lot for the beers...

And the food. And the merch. ;)

Plus, they won't need a full staff because only part of the park is open. I'm looking forward to seeing how successful this event is.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby TrippinBillie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:08 am

Pretty cool drone vid of the park being empty. It's a 9 min vid of the park showing "everything", but I copied at the part where it really zooms in on Pantheon. Pretty cool look. Please don't roast me, but IMO, it looks like a very short ride. I guess leading up to it, I thought it was a bit longer in total. I know, I know "it's not open, can't judge it yet".....but just a bit surprised at the length via this footage:

https://youtu.be/bUgHHvVNz1k?t=551

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Based on fan-made POVs on youtube, it should be around a minute and 15 seconds of ride time, and that's without a lift hill. That's pretty long, comparatively speaking to the other large scale Intamins in the area - El Toro, Skyrush and I305 are all less than a minute from drop to brakes and are often considered three of the best rides on the planet.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!