Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1095: Pantheon construction complete, train delivered!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:02 am

Right, the liens situation is not unprecedented though it is unusual to see it occurring at this scale.

The COVID crisis is not something that SeaWorld could have controlled but the level of investment is somewhat paralleling what we saw from some Six Flags parks during the era of the Premier Parks acquisition. Forgive me, but based on speculation I've read (and ONLY from speculation I've read), I'm not sure upper management has the parks' long-term prospects in mind.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterNerd87 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, step right up and get your ticket for the rumor train. Is SeaWorld going to survive or who is going to buy them?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:46 am

I have a feeling the will be sold off in parts. Possibly both Busch Parks being sold together. Who knows. I don't know that Seas can make it.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:44 am

Bad news for Busch Gardens (and KD.)

Link

RICHMOND (WAVY) — A summer of fun at Virginia’s marquee theme parks is appearing less and less likely after Gov. Ralph Northam (D-Va) indicated he wouldn’t be making any exceptions for the parks in the state’s phase 3 reopening guidelines.

Despite Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion both indicating that the governor’s 1,000-person limit would not make reopening “economically sustainable,” Northam on Thursday stuck by his decision that holds the massive parks to the same restrictions as bowling alleys and movie theaters.

“There are so many contacts at these amusement parks, people are touching different things and so we have had discussions with the Virginia Department of Health, our epidemiologists, and that is the decision we made,” Northam said.

Northam did not shut the door completely on changing his mind during phase 3, which starts on July 1. Several state lawmakers have pushed for Northam to at least raise the capacity limit to 5,000.

On Tuesday, Busch Gardens President Kevin Lembke said that would at least allow his park, as well as Water Country USA, to “get back to business.”

“As soon as we feel it’s comfortable we can move forward safely, we’ll do that,” Northam said.

He pointed to rising COVID-19 case numbers in other states as a chief reason to stick to the current plan.

“Those individuals are the same people that come enjoy our amusement parks,” Northam said. “I know it’s difficult. These decisions are tough.”

The Historic Triangle, which includes James City County, York County and the City of Williamsburg, relies heavily on tourism. Hotel revenue fell 85 percent in the Williamsburg hotel market for the week of June 14-20 compared to the same week in 2019, according to ODU’s Dragas Center for Economic Analysis and Policy.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!