Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1095: Pantheon construction complete, train delivered!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:20 pm

Busch Gardens Williamsburg wrote:For everyone who’s “tracking” Pantheon progress, the last piece of track was installed!

panth.jpg

Now how TF are they gonna get that giant crane outta the infield?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:27 am

boldikus wrote:Now how TF are they gonna get that giant crane outta the infield?

It folds up like a Swiss army knife. Then they can just carry it out.

So hyped for this ride!
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:50 am

coneyislandchris wrote:
boldikus wrote:Now how TF are they gonna get that giant crane outta the infield?

It folds up like a Swiss army knife. Then they can just carry it out.

So hyped for this ride!

This looks like a job for . . .

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:00 am

Really wish our Sea World got this and you guys got Ice Breaker!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:10 am

SharkTums wrote:Really wish our Sea World got this and you guys got Ice Breaker!!!

Hey, my kids are looking forward to Ice Breaker! But yeah this looks awesome, maybe Seaworld gets one in 2022......

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:17 am

This looks incredible.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby coasternut79 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:27 am

coasterbill wrote:This looks incredible.
It does look incredible however I can't help but think they could have used a little more of the space inside the outer perimeter of the ride to add some length and another cool element or two. For example after the stall instead of immediately banking left it could have banked right and used the slope of the hill to do a really cool helix before heading back to where the current track is leading back to the station. I'm never satisfied :lmao:

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby TrippinBillie » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:34 am

coasternut79 wrote:
coasterbill wrote:This looks incredible.
It does look incredible however I can't help but think they could have used a little more of the space inside the outer perimeter of the ride to add some length and another cool element or two. For example after the stall instead of immediately banking left it could have banked right and used the slope of the hill to do a really cool helix before heading back to where the current track is leading back to the station. I'm never satisfied :lmao:

I also thought for the plot of land they're working with, it's a bit short. They had the chance to really make this thing epic.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:56 am

I mean... money is a thing that exists. I'm just going to say this, and I don't want people to take it the wrong way because selfishly I love, love, love what this chain is doing with all these coasters and I'm not complaining at all about them one bit but...

SEAS seems to be on a spending spree but honestly it's more budget-conscious than we give it credit for.

They're building really cool things and breaking marketable records but it's not like they're just throwing money around either. Gwazi is advertising itself as the tallest and fastest hybrid coaster, but only by a foot and like 1 mph, Ice Breaker and Mako West (or whatever it's name is now) are both compact and small for their coaster types, Tigris and Electric Eel were probably purchased together and they're off-the-shelf rides and next year's coaster (if the leaks are true which they probably are) is the most budgety way possible to build a 300 foot coaster. Pantheon is breaking some weird technicality of a record by what... 1 mph?

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I love what they're doing but every coaster seems to be the bare-minimum that they can possibly do to accomplish their goal. Financially that's pretty smart and these rides will all be great but they're not building Fury 325s and Wildfires here. They're not going to build a bunch more crazy elements if they don't feel like they have to to get people in the gates. That's not what they're about right now.
Last edited by coasterbill on Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:56 am.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:05 am

^I think you hit the nail on the head. I totally agree.

I do think Pantheon and Iron Gwazi are bit more "upscale" and expensive (neither of those coasters can be cheap), but Stingray, Emperor, and Ice Breaker are definitely on the smaller and cheaper side just to get more people through the gates. I'm not complaining either because I am ecstatic that a B&M Dive Coaster is coming close to my home, but gotta give credit where credit is due.

And if rumors are true, 2021 will be similar with rumored coaster additions at 4/5 main parks (BGT being the exclusion).
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!